The time left is reduced

by hoser 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

The time left is only reduced if there is actually going to be an end.

Of course the End for this planet is when the Sun burns out, so I guess the time is drastically reduced to about a mere 6 billion years !

Wobble

• Heaven
    Heaven

A spiritual woman will never object to coming in second place to Jehovah

I think I went to that assembly in 1968

LOL @ Black Sheep!

My Dad told me he went to a 1 day Assembly last weekend. I didn't ask him about it and he didn't give any details. Thank goodness. My gut feeling is "I don't want to hear this BS and I don't want to argue with my Dad". I just changed the subject. You have to be very careful when engaging a JW family member in discussions. Pick your battles wisely.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

That makes me gag. Gah! It never stops - the same old guilt trips. Sick. Sick. Sick.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can see limiting borrowing money (especially these days, when Osama Obama could without warning plunge the whole economy.

However, storing up material things might be a good idea. I recommend quality, however, when doing this. I would rather spend $400 on a nice set of cookware from Stonewall Kitchen, or $10 on a nice set of measuring cups or spoons, or $25 on a real good cheese grater, than waste half that much on crap that is going to go bad after a year or so. I would rather spend $40 on a nice shirt or pair of shorts at L.L.Beans than spend $10 on a crap pair that is going to get ruined the first time I wear it. I would rather spend $50 on a good lantern at L.L.Beans than go to Crap Mart and spend $25 on a lantern that is going to break and not perform as well. I see nothing wrong with that--you will save money in the long run.

As for missing boasting sessions for those above mentioned things, I would rather miss the boasting sessions. Work these days is a privilege, thanks to Osama Obama. As for recreation, you occasionally need a major event to set things apart. Children that always go out in field circus and boasting sessions are more likely to have trouble differentiating a date than those whose parents disregard this advice. They might see "2010", and remember "That was the year we went to Maine or California on vacation". A witless with parents that always do whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will see "2010", and say "Or was it 2009? 2011? 2012? All we did in those years was a blob of boasting sessions and field circus".

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

*wanders around the room, swearing and shaking fists, and other acts of total frustration*

nice to see that I'm not the only one that gets crazy over nonsense like this

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The time left is reduced

So is my patience for watchtower idiocy.

W

• its_me!
    its_me!

Ha ha Mindmelda--- That was great!! I am so glad I don't go to those things anymore, so much more relaxed!!!! I was always just one big ball of stress when I went to assemblies and conventions. They always told us from the platform that it was supposed to be such a joy and so upbuilding. I just always came home feeling like nothing I did would ever be good enough! Yuck.

We aren't supposed to TEXT now?!!!!! What is next? We can't poop because it takes too much time away from the ministry? We should limit our pooping to one time a week, otherwise we are putting our bowels ahead of Jehovah?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I remember one assembly talk where the speaker said that Jehovah "graciously allows us 1/3 of our lives for sleep, time that could be spent praising him."

Ugh...you're even made to feel guilty about needing 8 hours of sleep a night.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

From the time of Jesus, this generation shall no means pass away, untill now, from my birth 1945 until now, from 33 years of slaving for the WEatchtower, yes brother the time left is reduced.

Blueblades

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

It is crazy that people still belive this. I have a lotta J-Dub friends that think I am materialistic because I open say, MY CHILDREN WILL GO TO COLLEGE!!! It upset them...

WOW...same garbage, different city. I try to allow my children to have an open mind, but my son was digusted by the garbage that he memorized the entire bible (66 books) in a few hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit