The time left is reduced

by hoser 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

We had our special assembly day a couple of weekends ago. Some of the highlights:

It is futile to store up material things they will only end up in the landfill

talked about missing meetings for work, vacation, hunting, fishing taking too much time

Brother _____ from bethel gave a talk called" Don't use the world to the full but fully accomplish your ministry"

Don't get caught up using too much technology mentioned twitter, texting taking too much of our time.

talked about not getting caught up in borrowing lots of money because anxiety and distraction limits opportunities for preaching.

Ranted about the dangers of higher education and not to use the world to it's full

This is the good part: he talked about the "relative importance of marriage"

he said that many single pioneers are getting married and quitting the full time service, buying a house and a car.

He said they were putting their marriage ahead of Jehovah

Isn't that what Adam did??? he asked.

then the best:

A spiritual woman will never object to coming in second place to Jehovah

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

LOL i remember this talk back in the 80's....same shit, new year!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think I went to that assembly in 1968

• yknot
    yknot

hmmmm I have that talk on MP3 should anyone wanna discuss in fuller detail........

So, I present to forum : Donald Becker, Don't Use the World to the Full, But Fully Accomplish Your Ministry

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5mobkq

He says 'Pry-ority'..... interesting accent..

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Ah, basically, it's work for us for free and give up any sort of normal life. Yeah, new toilet, same old shit.

I think I heard that talk in 1975-96, which is when I quit going to ASSemblies.

Yes, dumbass and if Adam hadn't been thinking with his little head, there'd be no YOU standing up their talking out of your own Johnson, according to your own beliefs!

God, just reading this makes me want to go blind! How can you stand to listen to this....ugh.

*wanders around the room, swearing and shaking fists, and other acts of total frustration*

• wary
    wary

"Our lady"

'next to the Kingdom hall convent'

• shamus100
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

LOL shamus...

• nelly136
    nelly136

reduced as in.....its getting closer? again! heh

• sabastious
    sabastious

OF COURSE the time left is reduced, that's because TIME MOVES FORWARD!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit