I want an excel spread sheet of the location of each member? Lady Lee Help.

by Caligula1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

Lady Lee,

I'm impressed witht the map that you posted 5 years ago with the location of each member.

Can you provide an updated sheet?

With the locations, I will them PM each person for their email, and compile them in an excel spread sheet.

What I want to do is get the email of each person, then when I'm in that a certain part of the country, I will send an email to those in that area, as I love "our" conversations. It doesn't have to be a formal meet up. Then I will not have to rely soley on someone from that area seeing my post in the Apostatefest section.

Simon,

Is there some way for this email/location list to be created and distributed to those that want it?

I see the negatives already,

1. Privacy concerns;

2. Getting spammed

3. Time to to this

4. keep up with new emails; and expired emails etc.

5. Easier for some zealous Witness to track down someone in there area

6. Accidental email exposure from lack of knowledge of sending cc emails, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this project is unfeasible at this time, or not within the scope of the board, I understand.

Keep up the good work.

To Those That Were In Deep

If you're in or visit one of those regions, PM your email and location.

My spots for visiting this year are all in the USA.

Tampa Florida (and maybe Jacksonville)

Atlantic City New Jersey

Las Vegas Nevada

Maryland

Atlanta Georgia

Philadelphia PA

Washington DC

Virginia

And a few other spots

Thanks

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I like your list of negatives.

It's very good.

I'm surprised you bothered to post this.

• Simon
    Simon

I would not disclose the email addresses of people on the site.

I will look into maybe hooking the site up to display a map of roughly where people are (based on the location in their profile, not actual location).

• besty
    besty

or make it voluntary - location from existing profiles would give inordinate weight to Afghanistan etc...

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

Simon,

I understand.

There maybe even more negatives than what I have thought about, and I want people to feel comfortable posting. The comfortableness, they posters feel in the protection of their identity, is one of the reasons that the board gets such great posts.

I saw a thread where people recieved a Private Message with there real name in it, since someone could figure out who they were. Obviously, that "identity discovery" should not occur from any Adminstrative Task.

I'll play around with the members button, I may be able to see the locations myself.

What ever you decide do, or decide not do, I'm in agreement.

Thanks

P.S. If the rough estimate can be done automatically or with little ease, consider just giving it to me, or the people who request it, or the people who you feel will not abuse it............................but feel free to scrap the whole thing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't mind at all if Simon wants to find me, but I don't know who you are and I don't want Simon helping you to find out who I am.

If you want to find me, PM me. Don't ask someone else.

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BTW, I just noticed you have made 67 posts and now you are fishing for confidential information.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

no way would i go on this... sorry if you are genuine but genuine or not, waaaaaayyyyyyyyy too many negitive reasons why.

oz

• Mythbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit