Are There Any Words That You Have A Hard Time Pronouncing or Spelling?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

An elder who was from the deep South read the scriptures talking about how a nation, I believe, would be "sucking the teats". he kept saying it would "be suckin' the tits". He was the Watchtower reader and I recall it was in the late 70s that this article was being studied. I was howling so much I had to go outside to try to compose myself. (It was bad because the phrase was repeated what seemed like forever!).

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Hospitalization. I get tongue tied and add a couple extra syllables.

"I believe, would be "sucking the teats". he kept saying it would "be suckin' the tits". "

Hey minimus, what scripture is that. I don't remember any references to "teats" at the KH.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Similarly.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Sir, I'm just wanting to show my own shortcomings and was interested in seeing how others dealt with this. (Sorry it bothered you).

• minimus
    minimus

Is it Jesus' or Jesuses??

as in belonging to Jesus.

• yknot
    yknot

Curriculum...... never fails I always add an extra 'l'...... I can't figure out how to stop myself either!

I have written/typed out the word repeatedly but a week passes and I am screwing it up again!

• Terry
    Terry

I had a very hard time correctly pronouncing the following phrase even though I was reading it aloud:

The silent sea ceaseth and thus sufficeth us.

Don't know why that was so difficult!

It kept coming out: "The silent sea Thee-sus (instead of See-Suth) and thus Suf-fye-thus (instead of Suf-ice-uth) us."

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Unfathomable.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Isaiah 60:16 And you will actually suck the milk of nations, and the breast of kings you will suck; and you will be certain to know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior, and the Powerful One of Jacob is your Repurchaser. NWT

Isaiah 60:16 When you suck the milk of nations
    and the breasts of royalty, You'll know that I, God, am your Savior,
    your Redeemer, Champion of Jacob. MSG

Isaiah 60:16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the nations, and shalt suck the breast of kings; and thou shalt know that I, Jehovah, am thy Saviour, and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob ASV

Isa 60:16 You will drink the milk of nations and be nursed at royal breasts. Then you will know that I, the Lord , am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. NIV

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anything with oop at the end of it..

Poop is the worst,because it smells bad saying it..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit