OKKKAAAAYY Now I get it! Another JW Belief Screwing W/My Life "Date To Marry"

by Confuzzled 48 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

is he gonna help the financial part of the resulting birth?

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Yes. Thats the one thing I can count on.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Hope you are right - you seem to have more faith in this guy than anybody else here...

• dgp
    dgp

Confuzzled, get the child support, but also be your own woman and call your own shots. This is not the kind of man you want to rely on.

• yknot
    yknot

Confuzzled....

Most states now have divisions that deal with paternity and child support.

It is in your best interest should you decide to keep the child and feel he would be a positive influence to allow the state to legally hold him to his responsibilites. However the state will also set up visitation rights. Usually in many states this means he gets to watch the baby unaccompanied every other weekend, 6 weeks during summer and all (ALL) major holidays.

As a taxpayer yea, I want his ass paying child support, but as a parent, man is a douchebag and I would want to protect my child from his dismissive ways as it will hinder self-esteem should he continue to remain emotionally unattached and superior in his attitude.

I am really curious about his age? What his parents reactions to this situations is?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I know I'm two days late on this but I need to say that no you cannot count on that. If your unboyfriend is being flaky now you have no guarantee that he won't be flaky with the financial support of your child.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I decided to stop posting on this thread because I feel I am giving too much detail into my situation, and as I've said before I don't know if he has been here. I'm pretty sure he's glanced through some "apostate" websites, and in the past I made the mistake of mentioning to him I has taked to victims over the internet because he accused me of only speaking to the two Df'd, or faded-uninterested JWs I know.

But I've had serveral "light bulb" moments oer the few days, and like I said it was easier hearing things from complete strangers I have been hearing along from those who know me best. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions everyone has given me, and it has given me a lot to think about. I realize most of the problems we have are not cult related, but some are, and the things that are not cult related will be made worse over time. Thank you all for your advice.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I really hope things work out for you and the baby.

• dgp
    dgp

I also hope that you get to understand what part of his behavior is related to the Watchtower and what part is not. It is not easy.

Do try to call your own shots. You can't rely on him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit