Memorial partakers

by etna 27 Replies latest jw friends

• etna
    etna

I think its probably too soon, but if anyone knows how many partakers of the emblems this year?

Etna

• teel
    teel

I don't think even the GB or the HQ knows that yet. Numbers have to be crunched, sent to branch, added, sent to HQ, etc. It takes time. Even then it's kept secret from just about everyone until next year.

• alanv
    alanv

If there is increase in the attendance of a particular country, then that country will probably announce it in the highlights section of the Kingdom Ministry in a couple of months. Very unlikely they would report the partaker figures though, unless maybe it goes down

• blondie
    blondie

The number of partakers is not usually posted until next year's yearbook.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is sometimes a leak in the late autumn/early winter when the yearbooks are printed and some handpicked brownnosers get early copies. I really doubt we'll know anything before then.

That said, it doesn't really matter anymore. The last several decades have shown the doctrine up to be completely false. More increasing numbers would just be piling on and encourage the GB to invent some noo lite (and nobody wants that!).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We used to play "Guess and see who is closest." I will say 10346.

We probably won't know for 9 to 10 months.

• teel
    teel
    encourage the GB to invent some noo lite (and nobody wants that!)

No, I actually want it. New light matters little for JWs, because what the WT says it's God's word anyway. But for me it's more laughing material, and one more proof that God's Holy Spirit has nothing to do with this organization. If it were, the changes wouldn't come after circumstances push the old light to be unacceptable.

OTWO: you mean it will go down? I don't think so, I vote for 11.673. If I recall correctly I put my vote for the 2009 memorial for 10.800 and I got pretty close.

• blondie
    blondie

Partakers in 2009 10,857, I predict over 11,000 for 2010

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OTWO: you mean it will go down?

Who knows? Instead of putting the screws to partakers, I think they put the screws to the Presiding Overseers (CoBOE) to stop counting the nuts, the DF'ed and DA'ed, and those from Christendom.

I hope it goes up.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I am guessing 11,420.

elder-schmelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit