They sold their souls for rock and roll.

by A.Fenderson 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Have you ever noticed any bands/musical artists that overall you really just don't like, or even actively dislike/hate, but out of freaking nowhere they have this one song that is just so awesome it makes you wonder where in the hell they got it, and why they weren't able to go to that place again for equally good songs? I have two personal examples:

Hotel California, the Eagles. I freaking hate the Eagles, their songs annoy me to no end--and then there's Hotel California, which is almost divinely awesome.

Superstition, Stevie Wonder. I have nothing against Stevie Wonder, but I do not care in the least for any of his songs besides this one, which is supremely rockin'. Night and day difference, to me.

So--did these guys make deals with the devil or what? For me this is a rhetorical question, but for anyone who believes in the devil, feel free to respond as you see fit.

Any examples you'd care to share that you feel similarly about?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I love the Eagles, and even the break-away members when they did solo- Glenn Frey and Don Henley, and later Joe Walsh.
    One of my favorites is "Dirty Laundry."

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Yeah, I just really don't like the Eagles--in fact their other songs really annoy me. My mom, though, says she really likes the Eagles--and yet does not like Hotel California whatsoever. So how do you feel about that particular song, OnTheWayOut?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I used to love the Eagles. Still fun I think. They are great to sing along with, and I looooooooove to sing. Have you listened to some of the non hit stuff?

I hate Steeley Dan, but then they.......................nope, never did do a song I liked.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I love the Eagles and Stevie Wonder. I like Superstition and this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSRyf5G2uI8

LRG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hotel California is great, also New Kid in Town, Take it Easy, Already Gone,

There are more but I don't want to think too hard.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I used to love the Eagles. Still fun I think. They are great to sing along with, and I looooooooove to sing. Have you listened to some of the non hit stuff?

I hate Steeley Dan, but then they.......................nope, never did do a song I liked.

I haven't listened to any Eagles non-singles I guess, just what I hear on the radio, which didn't impress me enough to pursue their esoteric tracks. Any you'd recommend if I hate all the singles besides Hotel California?

Oh, come on, you were going to admit to liking one little Steely Dan song--it's OK, that doesn't mean you have to quit hating them or anything! Let's hear it!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Unfortunately no. I was trying to make the band I dislike the most fit your scenario. Can't do it. I hate that crap.

Truthfully, I am not sure I would even like the Eagles if I had not gotten in to them at the time. Now it's just familiar favorites. I suspect you and Sooner are younger.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I suspect you and Sooner are younger

Why yes, yes we are.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Let me see, I liked a song called "Low" by a band named Cracker. It was sometime in the nineties, when I was first getting a real opinion of the kind of music I liked. I have heard other stuff from them, but nothing compares to "low". Also, does anyone remember a band called Silverchair? This is not really about the thread, I just LOVED them, and you never hear anything about them anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit