Have you hit your 50's? Are you feeling it, or do you still feel young?

by restrangled 44 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'm curious, because in my 40's I felt like a million dollars. I am starting to feel it,....I just don't have the stamina of working in the yard all day, coming in making dinner and getting the laundry done at the same time, or working full time.

I see the years in my face when I don't get enough sleep, and no amount of makeup makes a difference. My eyes seem to always look tired. I can't work out like I use to and I feel fat. Although to look at me most people would call me average, I know the difference. I use to be very thin.

My hair has gone gray, and it's a constant battle to keep up the long blond locks.

I don't care about my wardrobe so much any more. I am usually at home so why bother spending money on the latest fads.

In my minds eye, I still see myself in my 30's, and when I look in one of those magnified mirrors...I just want to faint!

How about you?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am fiddy-six; I feel young at times!

Other times, I feel and look like a tired old mattress.

I need reading glasses, and I recently covered the gray in my hair.

I AM GETTING OLD.

Sylvia

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I just turned 58. It's just a number. Never had a single hot flash I feel great. My job can be a little stressful, but it's interesting and challenging. Time seems to be passing more quickly though... wish I could slow it down.

Coffee

• Emma
    Emma

I hit 60 last year; it was the only difficult number I've had. Most of the time I feel great, don't think about age and still feel young. Once in a while it hits me like a cold blast; I'm more than half-way through life! I guess I just take it one day, one year at a time.

• chickpea
    chickpea

turning 54 this spring

sure, i feel it every so often

my white (and i mean bright white) hair
    has been part of my identity for half my
    life so it isnt something i feel makes me
    look, act, or feel "old"

i am not as spry, nor fast, nor do i have
    the endurance i once had, so i compensate
    (holler for a kid to do it! )

i have protected my skin from sun for decades
    and i dont smoke so my skin is actually doing ok....

i wont fool anyone into thinking i am younger than
    my years... and have no inclination to try!

hell, i am glad to be alive at any age.... so far

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm in my early thirties, and I wish somebody would just shoot me. I'm losing my hair. Growing hair in places where I didnt know it would grow at. It takes longer to burn off winter weight. I listen to outdated music. People wearing tight jeans. I hope I die soon. I really do. I'm cranky all the time. Gotta mini pot belly with hair on it. God, what happened to me?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This summer will mark 55 years on the planet for me.

Taking off excess pounds is hard to do these days. I work full time, and those are 12 hours+ days for me - I get along fine with that. I have learned to pace myself in my job. I feel pretty good at work. I get light-headed sometimes working in the yard - my muscles ache more often.

Still all in all, I feel pretty good. Like you, I can't believe how OLD I am! Seemed like three weeks ago I was 30. I still have no grey - except in my beard. I have all my hair. My waist is 10 inches too big.

I see a few wrinkles around my eyes now - that is distinguished right?

To stay young, one must think young. Still the years take a toll like it or not.

Jeff

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

So far so good.... but I'm only in my 40's

still play like I'm in my 20's and I'm hoping I can keep it going for a couple more decades...

I have to tell you though - it is a bit of a bummer coming to grips with this aging concept.

The Oracle

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Misery)))))))

I love you, Bro!

Sylvia

• sspo
    sspo

I'm 56 and feel great...often i ache every where but it's because i play racquetball 4 - 5 times a week for a couple of hours at a time.

Besides that, don't feel my age......being single and no worries it does help.

Being away from the watchtower also relieves tensions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit