another earthquake 7.8 Indonessia

by Champion 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Earthquakes aren't nothing..wait till the sun explodes, that's when you need to put your head between your knee's and kiss it goodbye.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

All I know is... the pacific plate is clearly shifting right now... so this could be it for California.... it'll probably fall off into the ocean any day now.

(Seriously though... anybody in CA might want to consider appraising their earthquake kit and the earthquake readiness of their home. Things be-a-movin right now.)

- Lime

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, the Haiti one destabilized other regions. Then Chile, further destablizing things. It is like having a partially collapsed building--if you get one minor additional collapse, it weakens other parts of the building and makes it vulnerable. Here, you have potential energy stored everywhere--Alaska, China, Taiwan, Japan, parts of Europe and the Middle East, and every other major fault where there has not been a quake in several years are all weakened by the ones that hit other areas. And, I predict they will get theirs soon.

And, then once they get their earthquakes, it will all settle down and there will be a period where there are few major earthquakes. This is because the faults are storing new energy--it will then take another one to go off to start the chain again.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There have been an average of almost 2 earthquakes that measure over 7.0 a month observed ever since we have been taking seismological records. These earthquakes are hardly unique.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earthquakes.php

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, there was a huge spike in EQ activity in the late 1600's and the early 1700's , sparking off some Apocalyptic prophecies at the time.

We now have even better knowledge of when these things occur, I do hope we get better at predicting them as to strength and particularly location, so as to prevent as many deaths as possible, I don't know how high on various Governments lists of priorities earthquake research is, not very high I guess.

Wobble

• IronHill
    IronHill

We all know the witnesses will be almost joyful for this news...it's another sign the end is almost here!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hate this. Not only is it terrible news that many people will be dead, hurt, or homeless, but it will "prove" in the minds of cult members that the end is so near. The averages of earthquakes still shows no actual increases in recent times, but several in a row (possibly triggered by each other to some degree) will work on their minds.

• wobble
    wobble

OTWO, there has been a huge spike in earthquake activity in the last 3 or 4 years.

Despite the earths present population, total casualties have not been as bad as one might have feared.

As you say, one may set off another, or one tectonic plate on the move may slide over or under the next plate somewhat and trigger a number for a while, but this is not a new phenomenon as I pointed out in the post above, all the conditions in late 17th and early 18th century, earthquakes, crime etc etc, fitted the prophecy, so why did the end not start then ? was that why Russell plumped for 1799 once as the start of the time of the end ?

Dubs will grab on to anything that seems to support their silly belief system, and will live their lives out , holding their breath for an End which will not come.

What Sad Saddos they are.

Wobble

• Champion
    Champion

I can just hear my JW dad now and all the nonsense. I am dreading calling him. The only thing is he turns 90!!!this week so I guess I will have to just deal with it.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oh the drama...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit