Argh, this is just getting worse by the day

by teel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• teel
    teel

A few months have passed since my relationship with my wife took a turn for the worse. Yesterday I finally questioned her about what she wants as for the future. I know she will always stick with the WTS, no matter what. I only wanted some reassurance, that her obediance is not a mindless one, and she will try to see reason behind stuff. But alas no luck. As I found out, she will indeed follow them without question. She said if a direction would come telling her to move to a specific place, she would do it without hesitation. I have no idea where she took that idea from, but it kind of scares me, as it reminds me of the really extremist cults like in Jonestown. I see she would do it.

I also saw that I completely lost my wife . She has very little left of what she was a long time ago when we married. There were much-much less controling in our lives back then. Even though she's half born-in (from the mother's side), she had a pretty normal teenager life, she told me about it. Not a life of debauchery, but a normal, balanced life, with "worldy" friends, "worldly" music, some minor missteps that highlight the teen years, etc.

There is none of that left in her. She abhors even the idea of going into the middle of "worldly" persons (except of course for work or preaching) - she has "higher standards". She never listens to any music, except kingdom songs (plays them every day at work, on headphones thank God) and classical music. In our younger years we went together to rock concerts, for crying out loud, and it was actually her who took me to her favorite rock band concert.

I just don't know if I can live with her any more. On the positive side, reading some of your experiences here, she at least is half-respectful, she is generally a kind person even now to me, and she does what she can around the house. If I were a mindless drone I could settle for that, I know many women would fare worse in those areas than she does. But a marriage is supposed to be also a spiritual bond between persons. There can be not even a shade of such thing now.

I feel the WTS has robbed me of my younger years, and robbed me of my wife, killed her and replaced her with a robot. I sort of have a huge part in all this, as even though I knew fully well how mind control works, I played right into those bastard GB's hand with my behaviour. I just can't play along like all is fine, and drop tiny droplets of doubt to her. It's just not my style. Now I have absolutely no chance of doing that any more, she knows well my feelings about the whole scam, and shuts down her mind at my first word of just about anything. Yesterday she said it would be better not to be born at all than to hear one of my theories. I was only trying to show the difference between God and a human corporation. But now through my acts her "faith" in the GB is stronger than ever.

Although she obviously denies it, it's clear that WTS = God. Several times she asked how am I not afraid to talk like that about God's Society? It's inconceivable for her that someone actually thinks the WTS is not God's society, and even if it were, there are absolutely nothing in the Bible supporting that you can't talk bad about God's society. Quite the contrary, the OT is almost nothing but trashing of God's chosen people. The Bible always favors those who act on their conscience instead of following other men blindly.

She sees the whole deal as me asking her to choose between me and God. I have stressed it innumerable times, even had it once repeat it three times one after the other, so she understands: I'm NOT asking her to choose beween me and God. I only ask her to think. Of course she thinks she does, but the facts prove otherwise.

I once asked her, if the Watchtower would print an advice telling her to cut her ties with me, would she follow it? She kept saying for half an hour, that "why would the Watchtower do that? There's no reason." -"So", I say "if you're absolutely sure the WT would not ask that, you're free to say you won't follow it, as that would never happen". Yet, no, she just couldn't say the word. By now it's clear whatever the WT prints is sacred for her. Yesterday similarly I asked if she found something in the Bible that contradicts the WT, what would she follow? Once again she gave no direct answer, spent a whole lot of time explaining how she would research, etc. But the premise was she already found out it was against the Bible. She knew she can't say she'd follow the WT, because it wouldn't be a truly faithful thing. But she couldn't say she'd follow the Bible either, because she knew it was not true. So she evaded the whole thing.

This is what bothers me probably the most: she's really a nice person inside. Even through her mental conditioning she still couldn't just outright lie and say she'd follow the Bible. Also there are many, actually christian traits in her that are natural. Yet the legalism and control of the WT takes over more and more, and I'm afraid it's simply beyond hope. And I just can't take it any more. She's not my wife, she's the GB's wife through and through. The GB has defiled our marriage bed, had killed the person I love and made my life as miserable as possible. I know it's not a very christian thing for me to say, but I'm kind of sad that there's no literal Hell, because simply falling from God's grace is too little punishment for those power hungry bastards who ruin thousands of lives anually.

Sorry about this incoherent rant, and thank you if you actually read it. It's just that so many things are on my mind right now, and I don't know what to do.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

much strength to you. it can be tough when one mate sees it and the other does not. my wife has been at least supportive of me even though she thinks i should come back. she understands my issues and even agrees with them, but always going back to "a perfect organization run by imperfect men".

the tough part is, when you are in this situation, the mate still in the "truth" feels that the other mate has broken their promise and journeyed on a different path. The mate leaving the "truth" has a hard time understanding why they cannot be supported for making rational grown up decisions. tough road ahead but patience and listening to each other work.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• moshe
    moshe
    - I know she will always stick with the WTS, no matter what.

I thought the same of my ex-wife - it only took her about 12 months to get rid of me after I wrote my exit letter to Brooklyn. She was sister zealous for a whole year and then after she had done the deed and showed her loyalty to the WT-Org by divorcing me, she found out it was a trick. Now she was under the Elders control, not her husband. And her KH friends, who helped her out during the past year, now decided she was poor association, because she was a divorced sister and my kids had no friends in the KH, because the parents were afraid they were tainted by their apostate father. After I remarried, she found out no brother would date her either, so she went out with worldly men- hey, wait a minute sister- you can't date worldly guys! That did it- when the elders tried to supervise her social life, she suddenly decided they weren't God's people after all. So there you have it- five years after the divorce she moved and quitely walked away from the KH-- faded as we say today. So, who knows what the future holds? I am sure my ex-wife could give her some good advice, that was obtained the hard way.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Teel I complete know the feeling. I just got to the point where I can't talk religion or about the scriptures any longer. And like you said now that she is on to you she automatically puts up her guard. It all sucks.

Wow moshe, what an ordeal I hope you are happy now. Your story reminded me of how the WTS would give talks at assemblies and conventions on how some sister would win her "worldly" husband over by being a good little dub, but they don't dare mention all the families they destroyed by there demanding complete obedience to the WTS.

DV

• JWoods
    JWoods

Bummer, teel.

I sure hope that new poster PokeyPokeyPokey is reading your thread. She says she wants to go back into the JWs in spite of a reasonable but non-believing husband.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

sorry to hear that. Its time to think of the future.

• peaches
    peaches

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( teel )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) god how awful......thinking of you

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Situation with my wife is not exactly the same, but I relate.

My wife does think for herself, but she doesn't apply it to WT-teachings.

Strength to you.

• moshe
    moshe

Teel, have you tried marriage counseling? if you can somehow get your wife to go, she will have to rationally explain to the counselor, why the teachings of the WT org should be allowed to ruin a marriage. My wife went to only two sessions and found out she "couldn't "explain" why she was treating me in such a negative fashion. So rather than face the facts, she quit going- if you can get your wife to keep going, there could be some real hope for her. If the counselor can get her to admit just one thing she doesn't like or agree with in the KH that will be a good start.

DV, I remember those win the spouse over skits, too. I am doing just fine with my semi-retirement- a great wife and a darling 10 year old daughter keep me young. You get over a lot that happened over 20 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit