2010 Convention Rumor

by Hikaru 51 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Hikaru, you'd save yourself a lot of stress and drama if you just cowered under your bed for the next decade or 2. It seems that anything more taxing than that throws you into paroxyisms of panic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More crap about how Bible characters were faithful--never mind they lived in a world that was totally different from ours. First, if they got sick, did they accurately know the cause? Or, did they assume demons were responsible? They also had no understanding of the weather--if it was bad weather, either Satan was responsible or they were not doing enough for Jehovah (who loved to keep them in the dark about why the weather was what it was).

Then, it lists every possible scenario we might face and admonishes us to serve that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag regardless. They do this at every Grand Boasting Session. They also list all the "dangers" (that is, all the sources for really accurate information). Nothing more than "No matter what, you are required to do more for Jehovah. These people in the Bible did so, so you need to also."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sweet, I am telling you this for your own good.

You are going to get into trouble with either your local elders or your CO if you continue visiting this site and saying things that run contrary to the teachings of the Faithful and Discreet Slave. First you stated that Jehovah doesn't have a set date for Armageddon; this is in direct opposition to what we are taught at the Kingdom Hall. Now you state that it is ok for Witness kids to go to college, while at the same time COs are telling elders that they can't recommend brothers who let their kids do so.

I think being on this site is starting to influence you toward independent thinking. Be careful or you may just end up thinking for yourself instead of thinking in conformity with the organization.

• sweet
    sweet

i have been at kingdom hall that does say going to college and vo tech is ok so the elders and the CO will not have a problem with me..in fact not a jw...and not an unbaptized publisher so won't be getting into trouble anyway...what i meant by jehovah doesnt have a set date for armageddon if you would read my whole post is that no one...not even jws set dates for these things...the whole date thing people have actually misunderstood as a whole...the whole date things are actually when major things have happened thats the whole thing that the jws talk about...the whole date issue that a lot of people seem to be saying that jws are "false prophets" is a whole misunderstood concept all together...in fact there was i do believe a wt that had the cover of such years and told about the dates in depth this was i do believe either in a 5, 10, 20 year span..."IT HAPPENS ON JEHOVAH'S TIME (IN WHICH HE HAS A SET DATE...SORRY I DIDN'T MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!!!)

What i'm so sick and tired of is seeing people say that jws beliefs are such and such and its not true..they wear jewelry MOST OF THEM i see do...so apparently jws don't think jewelry are demon possessed or whatever you want to call it...

jws HAVE A HIGHER EDUCATION LEVEL....the elders on the platform even say its ok to go to college and vo-tech...most do to get a job outside of flipping burgers and such low paying jobs.

bible characters...and saying one doesn't believe in story of noah and the flood...first off on the noah and the flood would anyone like it if someone heard your life story and ur dead and gone years maybe milleniums later and say I'm sorry i dont think this person existed nor did this whole account happened....but yet, hey guess what you really existed and it did happen??? the whole flood account i find it pretty amazing that its all throughout no matter what denomination....no matter where you come from...no matter what religion....there's different variations of the flood account i guess you would call them legends?? or something of that sort...i do believe it was either a wt/awake or perhaps a jw publication that it did state the different types of flood accounts...but all in all no matter who or what or where all over theres a thing about the flood account...

bible characters did not live in a world that's different from ours...sure they may not have the technology that we do now...the styles have been updated today...but they had the same struggles as most of us have....they had the same feelings...they had temptations...there were homosexuals...different religions...religious teachers...incestry (as there is plenty of that now)...pagan celebrations...divorces...people marrying and having children...drinking...they had laws in which not obeyed went to jail/prison....they had records...musical instruments....places of worship...they even have jobs some were carpenters (in which most people today need a higher education for) people wanting other people's mates....everything is pretty much what it was in bible times except technology is here we have vehicles now, instead of horses and having to walk for miles on end...no longer have scrolls to write on...lol...still have pen/pencil paper, we have computer, laptops, cell phones now...just to name a few of technologies that weren't in bible times...we updated clothes, hair, and uses of makeup...we're a more lazy generation of course than in bible times i'm sure most of us would be fit if we lived in bible times...lol...

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sweet, I mean this with the greatest respect because you definitely seem like a truly sincere individual - if you're only using the bible as your historical source, perhaps you should look into other historical sources and archeological research. You may be surprised at the results. There are many reasons why experts agree that the global flood account is allegorical.

• sir82
    sir82
    bible characters did not live in a world that's different from ours

It's rare to actually encounter someone with such a fundamentally poor grasp of history.

If you think "technology" (as you have described it) is the principal difference between life now and the bronze age...I'm just at a loss for words....other than to suggest that you actually sit down and read something not published by the WTS that covers history at a rudimentary level. Perhaps a high school textbook would do for starters.

• yknot
    yknot

.... Why don't yall start a new thread ......

We can all post our own KH's POV on those points.....

Sweet...... I am attending and congregations vary, they have 'personalities'........ some are primative, conservative,company, Uber-company, moderate, liberal and make a sailor blush liberal.

For the record Sweet I started off in a KH that planned my entire theocratic career by 5, including which college I would attend.... my family later moved to a congregation that to this day marks me for attending college (and I stayed with another JW family, had perfect attendance, morality and steller above average FS time!).

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

God, all this talk about JW Conventions brings back a lot of crappy memories of rubbery Assembly sandwiches, boring talks, dozing off just waiting for the day to end so I can pull off that tie and relax. They will always have to dangle the ultimate carrot out in front of the believers: "the end is near". I heard my dad talking on the phone the other day to another JW. They were talking about how the lousy economy and the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile as sure evidence of "the end". Heard that propaganda in the seventies and eighties, all the way up until I left in 1989. So glad to be out.

• dinah
    dinah

What world does this Sweet person live in? Must be Egyptian, cos he's in De Nile.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Sweet

Why do you think the DC outline doesn't mention Jesus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit