2010 Convention Rumor

by Hikaru 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Caminante
    Caminante

@Hikaru: actually the "Chairman's Address" and the talk entitled "Conventions Help Us Stay Close to Jehovah" are two separate talks. The former is the introductory talk and welcome note by the convention chairman. The latter is a common feature of conventions which contains interviews with certain publishers about how they benefited from talks presented in previous district conventions.

Yes, the June issue of the Awake! magazine has been around for almost two weeks on jw.org; that's where this information comes from.

@wobble: i guess the 'Technology' part will refer to internet (IM, social networking, 'apostate' websites etc.), texting, excessive usage of electronic devices as in means of distracting the brothers from fully accomplishing their ministry. As you might remember (it has been mentioned in a thread around here), at the circuit assembly there was a talk where the speaker shed a negative light on social networking platforms (Facebook, hi5).

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

poor Hikaru.......the type of anxiety you syffer from is NOT heathly . I think you should worry more of dying from high blood pressure or a stroke than Armeggedon .

Please re-read Yknot's answer live by those rules and live in Peace .

LIFE IS SHORT ,ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN MY DEAR !

• chickpea
    chickpea

if i had to sit thru that tripe with an open mind i would never make it to the ever-coming yet
    never-arriving alleged Arm-a-gonna-get-you because i would DIE of boredom or explode in
    outrage at the scam being foisted on what likely are reasonably sincere, but wholly misguided
    individuals...

snare and a racket, hikaru...
    nothing more but most assuredly
    NOT the word of god

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That "Secret Place of the Most High" talk is both literal AND figurative.

I have no doubt that they want the rank and file to believe there is going to be a literal secret place to go hide when the Big A hits and that if they miss a single meeting, they may be left out in the cold as to its location.

Truth is, there is no location because the Big A isn't going to happen, but the average Dub doesn't know that.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

OMG, is that outline for REAL??????

Now, I'm not bible-thumping Baptist, but even I can see what is plainly missing in this entire program - JESUS! Look over the outline. He is not mentioned even ONCE!!! Is that insane, or what? I see alot about drawing close to Jehovah, Jehovah's requirements, imitating those serving Jehovah......Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah. That's nice, but didn't Jesus say to follow HIM? To imitate Him? To come to HIM? Is His name not above all others? Isn't to know Him (Jesus) to know the father?

Where are ANY talks dealing with Jesus, his apostles and/or disciples? How about some talks dealing with helping your fellow man, widows, orphans? Oh no.....none of that, just get off your bums and peddle more literature!!

I bet half the talks about qualities and following deal with the Faithful & Discreet Slave in some way shape or form.

Wow.....just wow! Calling themselves "Christians" is merely a formality and for show.

- Wing Commander

• sweet
    sweet

i'm sure that's exactly what was going through the minds of the people who got destroyed in the days of the flood...they thought noah was foolish in building an ark...they didn't heed the warning til it was too late....they even pretty close to the statement of "Where is your flood?" just like most people are saying today "Where is your Armageddon?" Yes it took many years...i do believe 40 years for the flood to finally come about and destroy everyone that didn't take Noah's warning seriously..and again people were saying "Where is your flood?" people were even making fun of noah in those days because they saw no use in him building a boat...but guess what...they believed in Noah's warnings a lil too late....there is no set amount of day nor hour that armageddon is suppose to come...just like there was no set day or hour for the flood to come...its going to come sooner or later...on jehovah's time. not our time, but jehovah's...

• bohm
    bohm

SWEET: How about those who follows false prophets? The bible students expected armageddon to happend in 1914,1918-1920 and 1925, and they proclaimed that as 'Gods organisation'. If you dont believe me, just pick up the finished mystery and enjoy - remember, the finished mystery contain the truth jesus selected the jehovahs witness upon in 1918, though apparently they did not notice that untill many years (an a false propechy or two!) later.

• asilentone
    asilentone

sweet, you are not going to enjoy the "paradise" like you hope for and if you do enter the "paradise", you will smell billions of dead corpses, it is not going to be pretty. you will find out why many people will complain at the end of 1000 year reign. Jehovah will kill more people again.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

....there is no set amount of day nor hour that armageddon is suppose to come...just like there was no set day or hour for the flood to come...its going to come sooner or later...

You sound like a still-believing Witness until this part. This part is in opposition to officially stated doctrine as passed down to us by the Faithful and Discreet Slave. There IS a set day and hour for Armageddon just as THERE WAS a set day and hour for the flood. It is just that we don't know what that set day is (according to the FDS).

The problem I have with the entire concept is that there is just no evidence that Armageddon is imminent or even likely to happen...ever.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

A bit of further info - not in the convention program...

"Imitate Those Who Maintain Intimacy with Jehovah"
    ยท How Mary did so

Ummm... didn't Mary have intimate relations with Jehovah? (Was it good for you?)

"Let Jehovah's Discipline Mold You"

Mold - as in that green gunk that grows in moist environments...

"Remain In the Secret Place of the Most High"

This part is for the pedophiles in the audience...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit