The longest prayer you had ever endured.

by african GB Member 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• dissed
    dissed

Hgihdose -

You know they are too long when people start to pass out from standing. Our old PO was just like yours or maybe we were in the same congregation? Nah...every KH has at least one of those gifted wind bags.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The last memorial I attended they had an old guy (in his late 80's) say the prayer over the wine. It was epic and I don't think he even said thanks for the wine. My dad is hard of hearing and he opened his eyes and looked at me then asked; "Is it over yet?" It was a good 15 minutes at that point. At last he finished. It was the last memorial I ever attended. Yeah! W.Once

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

Dodger stadium, sweltering heat, medical personel dragging out old people, brother bone head going on and on and on. At first I would start to sway uncontrolably, then leaning all my weight on the chair in front of me, I can actually remember my legs starting to buckle.

As if the prayer wasnt long enough, we had to clap for ten minutes

• jay88
    jay88

I have been apart of prayer so long at a DC's that the brother forgot he was praying, and then ask us to turn to a scripture.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

We have an elder in our hall that we can bank on at least a 10 minute prayer every time he takes that mic, before or after meeting. Just when you think he is going to stop......and hope he is going to stop.......he continues. Painful...... What's worse is he has a heavy accent, so most just tune him out.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, does this bring back tortured memories. The Yankee Stadiums prayers were long but the local KH prayers were even longer. They just talked and talked without making any point. I just wanted to leave asap, no stat.

I love "God is great, God is good, and we thank Him for our food. Amen."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit