New Light on Fat people

by RR 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

omg so many of these comments are HILARIOUSSSSS

I would LOVE to see the society implement a dieting clause into their membership requirements LOLOL

PRICELESS!

• AwSnap
  • Confuzzled
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Maybe this is their excuse for having more perfect ppl in the congos, and for frcing ppl out into field service. The more field service you do, the mre calories you burn off!

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

I have not heard anything recently, or within the last 20 year, about weight, from the organization.

As I know quite a few big people, and there is no talk of them not "living up" to the organization's standards because of it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Being that most JWS aren't exactly health conscience, since its not in the indoctrination program.

Many JWS fail to keep their psychical health up to high standards, meaning over weight and obese.

I got the impression from some of them, that they were waiting for the new system of things to come,

so they would return to perfect physical health condition.

Really I'm not kidding !

• sweet
    sweet

that is true...i heard some jws talk about it..saying "i can't wait for the new system to come i'll have such a greater body than this."....lol...seriously

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    BluesBrother - I have never heard of anyone being carpeted for it, though

Same here - weird isn't it...the amount of (very overweight) JWs who were permanantly on a 'diet', but couldn't resist cake, even though they tried soooo hard to resist (gluttony being a 'sin'). Yet having one cigarette - smoking not even mentioned in Bible - is a terrible 'actionable' sin. Silly.

I recall one Elder...and don't get me wrong, I don't judge anyone, ever...but he was obese, which is 'fine', but his suits were about two sizes too small so not a pleasant sight. If a 'sister' wore such ill fitting clothes (or indeed a non-elder brother) I'd imagine they'd have been counselled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit