The effect of this religion on my children & the action I had to take - Part III

by jambon1 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

What a fantastic and moving story. This reminds me so much of my own thoughts as a teenager. I had decided that I was going to let Jehovah kill me as I didn't want to spend eternity in paradise without my loving 'worldly' family - especially my Dad. This meant the the concept of paradise became tainted for me as it would involve possibly having to watch those I care about dying a horrible death simply because they were not JWs.

This was frightening enough for me as a teenager, I can't even begin to imagine the impact on a small child. This use of fear tactics is morally and ethically repugnant but unfortunately commonly used. We had a young child in our congo whose party piece was to tell people that if they didn't take the magazines then they would die. Thankfully I have heard that this family has escaped the clutches of the org, but these are the kind of things that become deeply ingrained in your memory.

I applaud you for how you have handled a very difficult situation, I hope that your approach can help others.

Now - if your team could play as well as you write...... ;)

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Jambon, wow! You did well, I don't see how you could have handled this any better. You have expressed your concern, you have made your wife see what's happening to the children, and you did it by being reasonable instead of argumentaive. It sounds like thigns have taken a turn for the better. Congratulations, and I hope things continue to improve for you and your family.

GLT

• jambon1
    jambon1

FF - you're a smart arse!

A wee bump up the page as well.

• looloo
    looloo

JAMBON 1 THAT IS AN AMAZING STORY , WELL DONE FOR THE WAY YOU HANDLED IT , YOU ALSO GAVE ME AN IDEA FOR ALL THE PARENTS OUT THERE IN YOUR SITUATION , BUY YOUR CHILD A DIARY AND TELL THEM TO WRITE ALL THEIER WORRYS AND PROBLEMS IN IT ASWELL AS GOOD THINGS THEY HAVE DONE , TELL THEM TO HIDE IT UNDER THE BED , I CAN ALMOST GUARENTEE THAT WHEN MOTHER IS CHANGING THE BED SHHETS AND SPOTS IT , SHE WONT BE ABLE TO RESIST A PEEK INSIDE AND IF THE CHILD HAS WROTE SIMILAR WORRIES TO YOUR DAUGHTERS , MAYBE MOTHERS CULT MIND FRAME WILL BE AFFECTED THE WAY YOUR WIFES WAS AND SHE WILL SEE SENSE . I KNOW THIS WORKS FROM EXPERIANCE WITH ANOTHER SUBJECT .

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well - that is a real result. the meeting are no place for children.

The fact wife can see this is a move in the right direction, she must be having doubts or she would insist on the them attending.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for taking the time to share your situation in such detail with everyone.

Keep on being a great husband and father and it will be pretty hard for the congregation to win out.

om

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you for standing up to this brutish cult! I wish your wife could know what a great thing she has done. My mom was a wonderful, strong woman until this cult snagged her soul. She has remained ensnared for 34 years and shows no indication of getting out any time soon. She stood by and allowed her husband to get away with sexually abusing me and emotionally and mentally torturing my younger brother when we were children. As adults, she turned her back on us both after we chose to leave danerously abusive marriages and the cult that kept us in them for many years. She has lost both of her children. And through it all, she steadfastly clings to the cult. What your wife did is nothing short of a miracle.

• discoveringlife
    discoveringlife

This story has made me cry and get very angry again . I dissasociated over a month ago and since have not been to the KH. MY 7 year old daughter who had a visit with grandma ( zealous JW) asked me yesterday (LOOKING WORRIED AND VERY CONCERNED) when are we going to the KH again? I asked her why she was asking and she said that grandma said that if we do not go we will not live in paradise and not be "alive anymore". I controlled myself at hearing this the best that I could. Inside I was screaming and crying. HOW DARE THEY DO THIS?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 5 children to keep away from this shit!

I still have not confronted my mother about this, I have to know exactly what to say to make an impact on her to keep her from doing this brainwashing ever again.

THANK YOU Jambon for sharing your children have a GREAT father!

• carla
    carla

Thank you for posting this! It should be on Freeminds too. (note to self- print this)

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Congratulations, you handled that really well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit