new watchtower, new songbook, new funeral arrangement *gasps*!!!

by make yourself 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• make yourself
    make yourself

Ok so i went to a Jehovah Witness funeral last week and i noticed a lot of changes. First of all it did not start with a prayer, and they had one brother come up in the beginning and talk about the diseased relatives family and their qualities then had another brother come up and do the scriptures and then the brother who came up at the start to close with a prayer and NO SONG. And also there was only one prayer the whole time and that was at the end. And the service usually is 30 minutes this time it was an hour.What a new experience.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Opening prayer is optional

• nelly136
    nelly136

last jw funeral i went to was all 'oursouls' oursouls this and oursouls that all the way through, fitting i thought.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh my goodness! I thought you said "diseased relatives." Oh, wait, you did. Had to read it a few times to realized that the relatives were healthy

deceased...I think that's it...yeah, no squiggly red line under it...

JW funerals are the...the...what's the word I want...Oh, it's against the rules to use it here. Never mind.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Such marvellous changes and progress in the organisation. Woohoo.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Went to my mother's JW memorial in January. It was dreadful, that's another story. But they used some crazy new song for the closing. It had no melody, no catchy tune like "Life without end..." or some other tolerable song. It was awful, just awful.

• alanv
    alanv

white dove, that gave me a good laugh. Thanks

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The religion is going down the toilet. It has gotten from bad to worse, as every crumb of joy has been taken away.

First, they did away with the food at the a$$emblies. They did away with all gatherings except boasting sessions and field circus. They cut one Asleep! rag (the ones that have at least a minimally entertaining story about fake science and falsified reports about the world). They have blah-ified the boasting sessions that include comments, reducing them to reading the answers out of the paragraph. They did away with Goodie Night at the book study by eliminating the book study. And now they have methodically destroyed every last crumb of joy out of the Kingdumb Maladies.

At least, back in the late 1980s, there was something to defend. Yes, it was lies and a scam then. But at least you had something of substance. Which is gone these days--any reasonably intelligent householder is going to see through the scam.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There is a lot of personal choice in a funeral. The talk may be an outline but the arrangements can vary.

It can be the cremation or burial at the place of internment (is that the right word) or a "memorial" service at the K Hall.. Sometimes there is tea and cakes at the Hall....

The family can say how they want it to be arranged.

• RR
    RR
    they had one brother come up in the beginning and talk about the diseased relatives

Oh isn't it wonderful how Jehovah's organization allows diseased people in the kingdom hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit