Sis. Janet Jackson reveals shocking news on Oprah !!

by ShirleyW 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am glad they have the choice. Hopefully without the totalitarian control of the WTBTS, they will have choice, and more exposure of extended family and friends not JWs. I think all the Jackson kids left it except one, Rebbi. Rebbi married a JW. I don't think their mother 'shunned' any of them. Since the father obviously was strong willed and an intolerant sort (too much), the elders stayed away from the family a lot in fear of him. I wonder if Rebbi's kids are still JWs. They are/were very involved in the music industry also.

• crapola
    crapola

I thought Elizabeth Taylor decorated his house for his first Xmas. I'm probably wrong about that.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

AGuest

I did not "succumb" I was raised in the cult but never bought into it, however . . . it is what it is, when the unbelieving father is still in the home the mother is supposed to step up as far as spiritual things are concerned, believe me, I know this for fact...

And Gayle, if the elders were afraid of ol' Joe, more power to him !! Reminds of when i had to curse out the elders when I chose as being my moms guardian, the decision to give her blood, the same day some pious sisters came to visit her (she had a stroke so couldn't speakl) Don't you know I cursed out Dear Bro. Elder who had the nerve to call me after it was "REPORTED" to him that she received blood.

Funny though, at her memorial he and his wife were extremely cordial to me, guess they didn't want to be cursed out again in the funeral home!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I think I may get Michael's autobiography 'Moonwalk', I heard it is pretty accurate. Supposed to be his only real biography.

It talks about his religion and about his celebrating holidays etc.

It seems like in Janets bio she said something about her Mom decorating the house for Janet's surprise Birthday party. And she was saying that was the last time she either saw or talked to Michael before he died (3 days later). Now I see that she said the last time she saw him was at a party she gave for her parents one month earlier..?

Snoozy

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egn0bATSPqE

This is the oldest Jackson, Rebbie (Reebee), Now 60 yrs old. Only one of the kids claiming to be yet a JW. But she does things with them all, for some shows, so I guess she would claim it's for her work.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I found a good article on Janet Jackson and a interview she had in 2009. At the bottom of the page their is some comments from readers. One of them quotes a lot from a biography that Latoya wrote in 1991 called 'Growing up in the Jackson Family. There are a lot of quotes about the family and the JW religion.

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2009/11/18/janet-jackson-talks-michael-jackson-abc-interview

At the top is the interview with Janet first.. this may be where Janet also mentions that the last time she saw Michael was at a party given with the family 2 days before her birthday..and yet is wasn't said to be a actual Birthday party.. She also supposedly talked about her being raised a JW in that interview but they didn't quote anything she said about it.

Latoya (Bottom of link page)gets into MJ's leaving the religion after Latoya was disfellowshipped. She also talked about how her Mom was really a witch and a hypocrite behind closed doors and how she hated the Jews!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I dont particularly care about the Jackson history, but i do feel sorry for Michael Jackson kids being swallowed by the WBTS.

I am sure we will hear more about them as teenagers and i wager it wont be pretty, probably 3 trainwrecks in slow motion.

very sad

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I think the kids will be ok. They’re surrounded by enough non-witnesses to be able to have a relatively normal childhood – as normal as a Jackson childhood can be, anyway.

• Heaven
    Heaven

the mother was a JW and the dad was not

JWs believe the man to be the head of the household. What he says goes. This is how it was in my family. Now, at the time I was growing up, my Mom was studying and not yet baptized so we still celebrated everything, so this doesn't surprise me. There are things JWs do that they aren't supposed to do. It's all a matter of 'conscience'... a matter of choice... and whether you confess or get caught.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think the kids will be ok.

Broken Promises... I sure hope so. But if my experience is anything to go by they may have a difficult time as there will be conflict between JW and non-JW beliefs with the added trauma of losing their Father ... and being in a famous family. I guess we will see how things go for them over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit