Sis. Janet Jackson reveals shocking news on Oprah !!

by ShirleyW 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When Oprah asked if the kids were being raised JW and she knew that Jdubs don't celebrate b'days and holidays, Janet gave the shocking news that (I'd advise all with heart and medical conditions to take a seat now) she said that yes the children DO (as ins always) celebrate there b'day and holidays. The horror, I'm so totally shocked and stunned!! You mean a poor family from Gary, Indiana hit the big time, and although the mother was a JW and the dad was not, and the kids were signed to million dollar contracts while in their teens . . . you mean mom didn't adhere to the Bible teachings that she went door to door advertising every week...!! Why if my late mother were still alive it would kill her !!

• flipper
    flipper

SHIRLEY JW- Interestingly- JW's with big money get away with a lot more than JW's without big money. Especially if they donate that big money to the WT society. So, yeah stands to figure

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Here, take a valium….

The mother is only one of many family members of the Jackson family. Although she may be a JW herself, I have no doubt Mrs Jackson has learnt to compromise in order to keep the family happy. And having so many uncles and aunties, the Jackson children would be surrounded by people who, in one way or another, would be celebrating the kids’ birthdays.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not sure why the shock, dear ShirleyW... and peace to you!

The childrens' parents (i.e., Michael, Debbie Rowe, and Anonymous) weren't JWs. Michael left before he had kids... Debbie never was... and I am willing to wager that Anonymous (i.e., the mother of Prince Michael II aka "Blanket") wasn't. And now, Mrs. Jackson, although guardian, is dependent upon the childrens' money... not the other way around... and under such guardianship she MUST continue giving them the life they're used to (which is why the court granted her $60,000 per month for THEM... for their care).

With the exception of Reebie (sp?)... maybe Tito... and Michael at one time... I never got the impression that any of the other children ever took the WTBTS seriously. Instead, I've always wondered why people disillusioned with the WTBTS tend to want to hold Mrs. Jackson responsible for what Mr. Jackson and the kids did/didn't do with regard to WTBTS practices. I mean, I always looked her as the quintessential "wife" who took that whole "be in subjection" thing to the highest heights... and beyond... so much so that she pretty much let Joe do whatever the heck he wanted to with... and to... the kids.

Makes me wonder, sometimes, regarding her and women like her... those who let that "meekness", "mildness" and "wifely subjection" thing prevent them from protecting their own children from... well, pretty much whoever. Including and particularly "daddy." Ain't THAT much meekness, mildness and wifely subjection in the WORLD... IMHO...

Anyway, just my $0.02.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey. AGuest, as Broken Promises suggests that I do, take a chill pill by bro . . . please be aware of my (since I was practically a born in) sarcasm of Sis. Mother Jackson being a strong servant of Jah, hey, back when I was growing up in the 60's, before my mother beat down my dad by badgering him, who eventually was appointed elder, i remember every Thanksgiving and XMas if not being celebrated at MY house with a large meal then at my godbrothers are some other close friends home we would attend to celebrate the festivities.

And as for you Bro Flipper . . I know you get where I'm comin' from...!! nuff said.... Right my dear Bro... !!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well Michael Jackson said he celebrated his very first Christmas in his whole life after he da'd himself. Diana Ross decorated the house with Christmas stuff for MJ. Don't some of you remember that on TV?

• noni1974
    noni1974

Michael Jackson never was baptized as a JW. Back in the 80's he was an unbaptized publisher. He got kick out back when that ment that you had to shun people even if they had never been baptized. They later changed that policy because of the high prophile incident with MJ.

He got the boot because of Thriller. I was in the 5th grade I think when that happened. I loved him back then.

I wonder how famous JW's get away with that crap?? I was never allowed to have a birthday party or celibrate holidays.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

PLUS, let's not forget when they first came into popularity they recorded a Christmas album in 1970-71, since I'm six months oldr than Michael, I definitely remember that, where was Katherine's faith back then to stand up to Berry Gordy to tell him she was bringing up her children as Jehovahs Witnesses and that was not in accordance with their belief? I guess when you raise 8 kids in two bedrooms it doesn't matter how faithful you are, i guess here heart was looking forward to a long term contract and house in Berverly Hills, which were both attained within a blink of an eye due to their popularity !

• asilentone
    asilentone

noni, I would think MJ was baptized, ask Aude, she knows for sure whether he was baptized or not. Aude was in MJ's congregation, I think.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not that I wish to defend a JW... but I certainly don't want to "bear false witness" against anyone... and that's kind of being done here (may you ALL have peace!). Let me show you how:

Michael Jackson never was baptized as a JW. Back in the 80's he was an unbaptized publisher. He got kick out back when that ment that you had to shun people even if they had never been baptized.

Apparently, that's not true, but a rumor. According to a reliable source*, Michael actually did get baptized... and professed to be "of the anointed." Apparently (of course), certain folks had a problem with that, considering his line of work, and so began to make trouble for him. Apparently, he was not DF'd for Thriller - per the source, he had already signed the contract for Thriller and so HAD to complete it, even per the WTBTS (i.e., "let your yes mean yes," etc.). Rather, per the source, he was DF'd because he WASN'T obligated to do "Smooth Criminal"... which involved guns, violence, etc., yet he chose to go forward and do that video.

They later changed that policy because of the high prophile incident with MJ.

I cannot speak to this as I don't know if they had such a policy or changed it...

He got the boot because of Thriller. I was in the 5th grade I think when that happened. I loved him back then.

Again, this is apparently an error based on a rumor. According to the source, there WAS a lot of "rumbling" just before Thriller was released (due to its content), and I know some even say that he fired his father as manager because he didn't want to do Thriller but Joe made him. According to the source... that wasn't the case, but rather the video in question was "Smooth Criminal."

where was Katherine's faith back then to stand up to Berry Gordy to tell him she was bringing up her children as Jehovahs Witnesses and that was not in accordance with their belief?

Hmmmm... I cannot remember a SINGLE piece of evidence that says Kathryn had anything to do with her childrens' musical/acting careers. Everything I've EVER read/heard was that JOE JACKSON was the "mastermind" of it all. Is it possible that Katherine was just doing the "subjection to the unbelieving mate who is also the 'head'" thing? True, that doesn't excuse her... ummmm... lack of involvement... but it does explain it...

I guess when you raise 8 kids in two bedrooms it doesn't matter how faithful you are, i guess here heart was looking forward to a long term contract and house in Berverly Hills, which were both attained within a blink of an eye due to their popularity !

Isn't this a kind of wicked thing to say... I mean, not really knowing the woman's heart and all? I mean, I can see getting on her case for following the WTBTS because THAT is a valid issue (although, that WOULD be hypocritical of those of us who were once doing the same thing - it's one thing to blame the institution and its leaders, but another to point fingers at those who succumb, seeing as we once succumbed ourselves...). But accusing her of, well, exploiting her kids for the "love" of money... well, I'm not so sure. Unless you met/know her personally... or were a fly on the wall... I don't think anyone here can really make that kind of a judgment.

Again, though, just my $0.02... and peace to all!

A slave of Christ,

SA, a sis... and chillin' out...

*La Toya: Growing Up in the Jackson Family (Signet) by La Toya Jackson and Patricia Romanowski (Paperback - Sept. 1, 1992) La Toya Jackson: The Shocking and Controversial Expose of Life in the Jackson Family (Signet) by Latoya Jackson and Patricia Romanowski (Paperback - Oct. 1996)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit