When will we have Armageddon, according to the last new light?

by dgp 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Gen. 6:3 says, "And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."

Gen. 5:32 records, "And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth." Following the record of Noah's birth, and the birth of his sons at age 500, we see the declaration of the Lord that He will destroy mankind because of their wickedness and corruption, including the crossbreeding of fallen angels with women, thus, producing giants, men of great stature and strength.

In Gen. 7:5-6 we read, "And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him. And Noah was SIX HUNDRED YEARS OLD when the flood of waters was upon the earth."

God decreed 120 years as the limit to man's time, but Noah only knew about it a good deal less than 100 years. Still, WTS can focus on the decree. They can even say how Russell/Rutherford didn't know the full limit of what they were doing at the beginning of the decree to limit "the last days" as a parallel.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

You know, all this is about as crazy as the dinosaurs cheering on that meteorite.

If something happens to the earth that is big enough to kill billions of people, how can you remain unaffected?

Has it ever been speculated as to how God will save you from all the earthquakes, fireballs and whatever else he's going to use to kill everyone?

It makes no sense...Witnesses aren't protected from those things now, what makes them believe the laws of nature will be suspended to save them then?

Crazy talk, crazy talk. It's all crazy talk.

• lavendar
    lavendar

It's always "right around the corner".......and has been for the last 130+ years!

• dgp
    dgp

Thank you! I'll get my things packed!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Don't forget your toothbrush....

• Think About It
    Think About It

If the Big "A" is soooo close......why waste time & resources on a new song book, making all these doctrinal & organizational changes and moving the WTS HQ to Patterson? Could an organization that claims to be God's Channel on earth for truth, please have a record of non-changing complete truth at least for a little while before the end comes?

Think About It

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

If the Big "A" is soooo close......why waste time & resources on a new song book, making all these doctrinal & organizational changes and moving the WTS HQ to Patterson? Could an organization that claims to be God's Channel on earth for truth, please have a record of non-changing complete truth at least for a little while before the end comes?

because they are a 'do as i say, not as i do ' religion...

oz

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Armageddon has already come. It was in 1975--it just came invisibly.

• flipper
    flipper

It's ALWAYS going to be " close at hand " - yet the generation it happens in could last another 100 years or so- but it's ALWAYS going to be close ! LOL ! Translation : " ain't never gonna happen ". The WT society just puts it out there to keep witnesses controlled through fear and guilt. It's a ploy and a scam to control JW members is all it is

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the brother ending our memorial talk pleaded with audience people to "come" for the end is closer than ever and so on.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit