When will we have Armageddon, according to the last new light?

by dgp 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

And if the end were not close or closer? The WTS tells its members to pattern themselves on OT characters...like Abraham. How many jws remember that he never saw the fulfillment of his promise in his lifetime? The WTS chastises the rank and file for want Paradise Soon when it is the WTS that fires up this hope.

*** w01 8/15 p. 28 par. 12 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine ***Once again, consider Abraham’s example. He built his whole life on faith in God’s promises, even though there was no chance that they would all be fulfilled within his lifetime.

(Hebrews 11:13-14) . . .In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land. 1 . .

*** w99 7/15 p. 18 par. 9 Anchored by Hope, Impelled by Love ***Drawn by the hope of "Paradise soon," some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Now thinking that the realization of their hopes is farther off than they anticipated, they have lowered the price they are willing to pay. This is evident in reduced preaching activity, irregularity at meetings, and willingness to miss parts of assembly or convention programs. Others are devoting more time to recreation and to obtaining material comforts. These facts lead us to consider what should be the driving force in our lives in line with our dedication to Jehovah. Should our zeal in his service be dependent on the hope of "Paradise soon"?

• Heaven
    Heaven

I was 12 years old in 1975 when the JWs were positive the end of the world would happen. It was on the radio. All the kids in my school ridiculed them. We all said mock goodbyes to each other.

Seven years later, it's 1982 and my Mom is trying to tell me and my bro. that we don't need to go to College because the new system will be here soon. We explained to her that things were not the same as when she left high school. If we were to get 'good jobs at good companies' like she told us to do, we were going to need post-secondary school educations.

This is now 2010. I woke up this morning and, once again, Armageddon is a no show. What are the odds that tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day after that I am going to wake up to exactly the same situation -- that Armageddon will not have arrived? I'd totally bet on those odds!

What I don't understand is this -- why worry about something you have absolutely NO control over?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Fear not Heaven! Armageddon will not come tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in Australia and there are no reports of it whatever!!

George

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here's a hilarious video - slightly off-topic, maybe? But FUNNY!!

Enjoy! Zid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrWzVRduQk&playnext_from=TL&videos=mHvp2X7l0ZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit