The effect of this religion on my children & the action I had to take - Part II

by jambon1 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Jambon said:

This is the crux of what she said over & over again: “Daddy because you celebrate Christmas & birthdays the meetings tell me that Jehovah is going to kill you. In the paradise people that do these things won’t be there. And I love you daddy, I don’t want to be without you. Granny & Grandad too wont be there. (shouting at me now) You’ve got to STOP this daddy. I don’t want to be without you. Why can’t you come back to the meetings? Why is Jehovah going to do all this? What will you do on your own if you aren’t in the paradise daddy? I heard them say it at the big meeting. It said it will be coming soon. Oh daddy, daddy, I love you. What will you do? I can‘t be without my daddy”
    The suspicion that I had had for a long time, that my daughter was being affected by what she was learning at those meetings was all true.
    The questions that my daughter was entertaining in her mind should not be part of the thought processes of any single living person, never mind a 5, 6 or 7 year old. Fun, cakes, jelly, parties, the cinema, friends, lemonade, sweeties. This is what a child should be thinking about. Not the end of the world. Not her hard working, loving, caring father being killed by some invisible man on top of a big horse with a sword protruding from his mouth. It is disgusting. It is so disgusting that it still makes me angry. What these people done to my children is criminal.

This breaks my heart.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Awaiting Part III with mixed emotions. Very well written. Very painfully lived, I'm sure.

om

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am so glad my kids are not being subjected to this poison.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I have 4 kids, the 2 oldest have been to meeting and heard this crap and the 2 youngest have never hear it before. I hope that it dont affect them as they get older. I remember being a little kid and thinking that my mom was going to be KILLED by our LOVING FATHER JEHOVAH, because my mom would not go out in service. This is the exact reason that half of the mothers in the KH with DF'd kids are on anti-depressants. They loving god that they hear about every meeting is going to KILL their kids. But they all keep going back for more.

I hate this MIND-F#%#ing

elder-schmelder

• agonus
    agonus

I think the final confirmation for me that there was absolutely NOTHING positive left in this cult was the day my autistic daughter (who was 6 or barely 7 at the time) asked me when was I going to stop listening to Satan.

It's poison. Pure, unadulterated mental/emotional/spiritual poison. But, venom keeps the snakes alive.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Dear Jambon1,

The LORD told me to write to you, "Don't do it."

That's it. What does it mean?

Paul

• looloo
    looloo

its heart breaking , my heart goes out to you , please do all you can to get them out of that cult , my daughter cried a few weeks back (shes now 21 ) i was involved with jws from when she was 5 to 11 and the damage it did to her remains (and i dont just mean the sexual abuse she suffered ) she mentioned when it was christmas at school and because the other jw kid was off school that day she had to sit on her own at the back of the hall and watch santa give presents to the other kids , i never knew ! she also mentioned xmas day sat in a freezing caravan "on A holiday" with a pioneer couple , bored and no presents and thinking of the fun she used to have on christmas day .

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

hmmmmmmmmm, now you got me all agitated too!

i know i have to talk about this sort of thing with mine too. the kids i mean. My ex would gut me with a spoon if it were in the bible.

i look forward to part 3 and something tells me i wont like it much...

thankyou for sharing too,

oz

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

Thanks for sharing this Jambon1. This story makes me angry too.

Like some of the other posters, I too used to feel like your daughter as I was growing up; and I even wished that people I loved would die before the Great Tribulation. You are right, this kind of nonsense should not even be going through a child's mind. These thinking patterns would even lead a well balanced adult into developing an unhealthy outlook on life, let alone a child in his or her formative years. Your daughter is fortunate that you have seen "the truth" for what it really is and that you are working towards helping her.

I truly wish you all the best and I am eager to read part 3.

Take care.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

When you're finished this, you have GOT TO post this online at either freeminds, jwfacts, or both + somewhere else. My heart is breaking for your kids, bro! Save them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit