Do you think it's possible being a witness can kill a person?

by The Finger 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I only have a short answer for this....

Yes. If the organization told them to (and justified it with some creative scriptural interpretation), I dare say most of them would kill.

• designs
    designs

Crimes of Omission or crimes of Commission

Neglect can kill, it just takes longer........

Lady Lee mentioned the health problems of the Witnesses, I don't know if they are greater than the general public, the USA is a pill popping meca for everything that seemingly bothers someone, but my experience was alcohol was the number one go to remedy for stress followed by pills.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"If I hadnt been stronger I certainly would have given in and 'topped' myself. I told them I felt this way and they just shrugged. Bloodguilt I think? Yep definitely."

After meeting privately with the PO regarding my concerns about the suicidal feelings I was having and armed with a newspaper article on suicide prevention, I received mild encouragement. Shortly thereafter I was in the hospital with a nervous breakdown and under "suicide watch". This elder also knows about this. Now, after over a year of trying to recover (through "worldly" help), I still have received no "loving" concern or even curiosity over my suicidal feelings from the PO or any of the other "loving sheppards". As a result, they have no idea if I am better or not and seemingly no interest in knowing.

What a difference it would make for me (and perhaps save a life) if just once they could ask... "How are you doing?" or "Are you feeling any better?"

HQ

BTW: I am feeling much better as a result of the "worldly" help I have gotten and this Site.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

hiding Questioner I am glad to feel you are getting much needed help and are doing better .

I wrote a blog a while back after a young man in our old hall committed suicide . I commented that I truly felt had I not left that may have been my same fate . The pressure and guilt for some people just becomes unbearable . When you grow up not knowing any other way and with zero coping skills it is a reciepe for disaster . Sadly the Elders just are NOT trained individuals to help such people ....yes they at times do offer a kind word (sometimes not as in your case ) But there are times so much more is needed .

There are times the only cure is getting away from what is causing the depression and start over .

YES I believe being a witness can kill a person .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit