Do you think it's possible being a witness can kill a person?

by The Finger 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Finger
    The Finger

A close relative of mine just before he died claimed it was being a witness that was partially responsible for his death (leaving aside the blood issue)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Certainly can kill the soul and will to live.

-Aude.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS promotion of living in poverty so that you can can serve his chosen organization,

can have dire effects on a persons health both physically and psychologically speaking.

Then again a death of a member isn't really seen as something terrible since they are going to be resurrected anyways.

Therefore dieing on this side of the system of things doesn't carry the same significance than what

a non JWS would usually have. To a JWS they win either way.

Don't laugh this how some JWS I knew thought about death and their own personal lives.

Kind of a sick way of looking at human life but then again JWS are mentally sick people.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It killed me...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE FINGER,

I believe it could and your relative knows best.

THE TRUE ONE,

Your post explains it well. The religion encourages people to self-sacrifice to a ridiculous degree. However, most wise people there reject the most radical views because they KNOW it will leave them absolutely, positively ruined - but they keep this on the Q.T. They pay no attention to the bullshit about 'blessings' and quietly go about their business. Anybody who pursues poverty will most certainly have a harder struggle in life. It is bad enough if poverty happens to a person because of circumstances. It is entirely another thing to actively pursue it such as the religion encourages. I have seen one extreme to the other in this religion. I have seen unwise people who were duped into pursuing poverty and cannot recover and I have also seen blatant shameless hypocrisy on the part of those who did NOT pursue poverty.

I have even seen 'blame the victim' mentality in these people. They feel that if bro/sis so-and-so pursues poverty and is ruined that is bro/sis's problem. In my opinion, these types have a duty to warn the bro/sis but they do not do so. They just carry on a look-the-other-way mentality because they want to 'appear' to be following the religion's dictates about pursuing poverty. So, if the other sucker falls for it hook, line and sinker and ruins their life they just ignore it or feel it is not their business because we supposedly have to carry our 'own torture stake'. I have personally warned a few who were pursuing poverty and warned them in no uncertain terms that they were making a mistake and they should change. In both instances, my advice was rebuffed. One person is irresponsible and does not want to deal with being a responsible member of the workforce. The other has psychological issues. Both are hoping the 'new system' comes soon to save them. But, at least I tried.

If somebody pursues poverty and their life gets ruined, if they end up sick or whatever, there will be some who will say privately: 'brother/sister so-and-so is so unwise...etc..' But, nobody pulls aside the bro/sis to honestly tell them that they should be wiser and take care of their health and maybe plan for the future. In fact, certain types (who did not pursue poverty) with their diamonds and big cars will say: 'how wonderful that Bro. So-and-so sacrificed, etc.' ad nauseum. But, will they be there for Bro. So-and-so in their middle or old age when this person needs assistance? I doubt it and in fact they would probably run the other way. Will the religion be there for Bro. So-and-so? Again, negative.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I think back to the health problems that the JWs around me had I think the constant stress to perform can definitely have serious effects on the body and the mind.

I know I was suicidal at the end. Feeling trapped is a horrible feeling.

I had all kinds of stress-related health problems that all disappeared after I left.

I know the elders all had very serious health problems as did their wives.

Being a JW is like being on a never-ending treadmill. Eventually it will kill you just from the physical exhaustion

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Don't you know? All of those "HARDSHIPS" are just things SATAN the Debil uses to weaken your faith!

Living in poverty? Hungry? No health insurance? Tired of cleaning toilets? It's not YOUR owned damned fault - hell no! It's Satan's.

And the successful, intelligent, happy people of "The World" that live good lives, have careers, nice house, savings, insurance, new cars? Well, those people are materialistic and SATAN provides for them, BLESSES THEM!!!!

Now, are you a JW that is successful, has a nice house, new cars, savings, insurance, and are happy? Well YHWH is blessing you, but Satan is trying to LURE you with material possessions, so you should sell off everything you own, live in a trailer park, buy a used car, quit your full-time job, and pioneer until The End comes. Don't forget to donate all of your profits from selling everything to the Organization!! Put them in you will too. Then, by living like a pauper and following Jesus footsteps and command to live in a tent, you'll TRULY be blessed as The End comes!

See? JW's win no matter what your situation. It's always Satan this, and Satan that. Jesus and YHWH don't really have any power or say in anything, no matter that Jesus is King and reigning, Satan is the Ruler of This System of Things, so he controls all aspects of your life.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Gotta love this cheery outlook on life, huh?

- Wing Commander

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't think it will physically kill you, though if you become aware of the "truth about the truth" and try to stay in that could start to have bad physical effects.

Many experience the health problems already referred to because of trying to live up to expectations (burdens) put on them by the WTS. I'm sure plenty of the depression in the Witness community is brought on by the monumental expectations of the WT. Be more regular at meetings, be in service more, clean the hall, invite your brothers and sisters over, study more, pray more, and oh by the way read the bible (interesting how that always comes toward the end of the list).

Where is the "me" time?

How are you going to keep up your house? Your yard? Spend time with your kids? Go grocery shopping? LIVE YOUR LIFE?

You can't, and after decades of trying to earn everlasting life according to WT rules and regulations, the subconscious mind begins to scream at the conscious mind "I CANT F*&^&$#$ DO THIS ANY MORE." Give me a way out! And depression or some other mental problem kicks in.

To bad JW's don't get the real message of you are working for no pay and no reward for a book publishing company and take back their lives. Such is the effect of mind control.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes, absolutely. And in more ways than you would think.

JW deaths only due to blood issue? Think again...http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/121984/1/JW-deaths-ONLY-due-to-blood-issue-Think-again

• ziddina
    ziddina

Like Lady Lee and Baba Yaga said...

Deaths due to refusing blood AND other medical treatments; deaths due to suicide; deaths due to malnutrition and lack of medical care due to poverty - especially in the U.S., where medical care is "For Profit"; deaths due to physical/spousal abuse; deaths due to poorly-maintained automobiles...

Those are a few that I can think of...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit