It happens tonight...

by IronHill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
  • Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I am just absolutely astounded that this hasn't happened to my husband and I. They know full well we've celebrated birthdays, halloween, Xmas etc! I almost wish it'd already happen, but my husband doesn't want to write a letter because thats playing by their rules.

Do they contact you when they make this announcement?

::Edited to add:: How rude of me! I forgot to congratulate you!

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if some have gone and filmed/taped it with their cellphone?

"No longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" doesn't mean you are cast out as Christians, does it? I think not. It only shows where Christ is in the WTS dogma.

• IronHill
    IronHill

No there has been no contact, because we expressed in the letter that we didnt want to call or visit.

The reason we wrote a letter is we wanted to end the relationship on our terms, and not by having them judge us with their rules.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Oh trust me IronHill...I get that. I wanted to write a "F U" letter, but it's not what my husband is comfortable with, so I haven't pressed it. He did however say he'd like for me to send a lawyer like letter if they contacted us regarding an announcement, just to have them jump. I actually did threaten legal action

(my daughters were touched, and was never handled with the 3 committee meetings, then the PO that headed the meetings denied there ever being a committee, and said it was all OUR problem with slandering him. The other elder that was with him in this drop by "do you need encouragement to come back? visit" was a dear friend, and he knew the PO was lying. I threatened it then, and we've not heard a peep from them since)

So, I don't write a letter in respect for my husband, it's apparently at a stalemate. I respect those that do write a letter on their terms though. Good for you. How is Lorijis (sp) handling this?

• IronHill
    IronHill

Thanks!

LoriJis is weathering as best she can, with my help of course. She has her own reasons for writing the letter, but is happy overall with our decision.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats! I've been out more than 20 years, and I still relish the freedom.

• peaches
    peaches

it will take some getting used to,,,,as when you see them up town,,,and family ignoring you....but you sound strong....stay that way...

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Congratulations IronHill!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When they DF someone it's just another way of asserting their power and control.

Elders are lowlife scum who are playing little power games on to people.

Where does it say in the bible that someone should announced before a congregate of christian followers that

a certain individual should not be associated with ? No where !

This is wholly a JWS invention , my guess is it came out the jostling and power fighting

that occurred from the hierarchy within the WTS. itself.

Little boys trying to push each off the throne to speak.

Remember the opposition that Rutherford endured during his stay of the presidency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit