It happens tonight...

by IronHill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• IronHill
    IronHill

We have been told that the announcement that "we are no longer of the Jehovah's Witnesses" will happen at the meeting this evening. So I will be celebrating tonight! LOL...

In all seriousness, it seems like any other Friday, but inside I feel like this is a big step! It's the beginning of the rest of our lives....The sky is the limit! Our family will avoid us now (they have already begun that), and we lose all of our contacts with witness friends. But that won't kill us...it will only help us grow.

Tonight we'll be going out and toasting to our new found freedom!

Thanks for the support and for listening to my nonsense...

Anyone else feel this way when they were disfellowshipped/disassociated?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Do everything that you can not to play by their rules.

Enjoy your freedom.

• Clam
    Clam

Nice one and congratulations! Quite nice for it to be on a Good Friday too imo.

• poppers
    poppers

Do everything that you can not to play by their rules.

I agree. Playing by their rules only gives them a power that they have no right to have.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

How appropiate on Good Friday... Then you can go celebrate Easter at the place of worship of YOUR choosing on Sunday!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations!

I don't know when mine will be. I half dread it and half look forward to it.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Congrats! It truly is a great feeling to be free mentally, emotionally and also 'officially'. Enjoy your celebrations and mark this special occasion well. Your life starts here.

• IronHill
    IronHill

Thanks everyone...

I don't plan to abide by their rules, they no longer have any control over my life.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Perhaps you can go to the meeting and when they announce it, clap, then stand up tell all that you are going home to celebrate!

• highdose
    highdose

congrats! today marks the begining of the rest of your life! you can make it whatever you want it to be:)

they will be expecting/hoping that you will be mourning this annocement, stick it to them by celebrating instead. And follow that up with having somthing they never have... a wonderfull life:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit