I did it.... :(

by flower 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

What article is this?

Missed that one.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Come to think of it, could someone with the info post the articles of new light which WT has sneaked past the bros. in the last few years,such as "Alternatives to military service allowed", "voting", "blood fractions" "birthdays" and anything else you can think of.

Cheers.

• Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoo

Hi there,

As I'm an "unbelieving mate" I would realy like to know what article this is mentioned in.

My wife attend christmas evening with me and my family, but she don't dance arround the tree though...

Take care.
    Mr Magoo

• Sirona
    Sirona

About your comment re: the devil influencing Ray Franz and boards like this.... well

If you can read things in the watchtower that show that they are grossly decieving people (and you can) - its there in black and white, printed by the society, then its not the devil thats pointing that out to you. If the society are guilty of twisting things to fit their doctrine, changing their minds on very important issues, letting people die because of their 'rules' (I wonder how many people have died before they allowed blood "fractions"?), and it is NOT anyone elses fault that the society have done this, it is THEIR FAULT. Not the devil, but them.

On boards like this, we point out our research on the society. By far the majority of it is just us simply quoting their literature. Any organisation that can be proved false by just quoting their own literature is in serious trouble! Then, we give our own experiences. There are JWs on here who disagree and give their arguments too. As far as being influenced by the devil, well if we were saying things that we had no proof for but you believed them, then maybe I'd agree. But its all down in black and white in the society's literature.

In my opinion, the witnesses advocate a good way of life in a small way, but they ruin all of that with the rest of the crap they come out with. If they didnt make up lots of rules, didnt do mind-control, didnt HARM people with their advice, but just stuck to the words of Jesus I figure they'd be OK!

I think that when you are coming out you sort of say "well look at how they preach and live moral lives" and you wonder if you're doing the right thing in leaving. The thing is, dont ignore all the other things they do that are very harmful ("they" are the society, not individuals).

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• flower
    flower

Pubsinger,

It is the Dec 15, 2001 Watchtower under the 'questions for readers'. i would have to do some searching to get you some of the other changes i have seen. i've read many. there are many in rays franz book also 'crisis of conscience.

• flower
    flower

pubsinger,

heres another i can think of. the societys stand on 'alternative service' was developed during the second world war and it was that if you performed alternative service you were compromising your faith and were treated the same as if you had disassociated yourself or were disfellowshiped. but the May 1 1996 watchtower changed the policy and said that it is up to each persons conscience now. during those 50 some years that the 'old light' was in effect, thousands of witnesses spent time in prisons because they refused to perform alternative service and those that did were shunned by friends and family. but now its ok.

also on the blood issue. the policy for years that even hemophiliacs were not allowed to take blood fractions more than once. if they took it once it was ok because it was considered 'treatment' but more than once was considered 'feeding' or eating blood which they were not allowed to do. the jun 15, 1978 watchtower slipped in the change of policy. (btw, the policy was changed in 1975 but wasnt printed until 1978 ..wonder if anyone bled to death during that time.)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wow Flower. The dec 15 2001? I live with a JW mum married to my unbelieving step-dad. I wondered why this christmas she sort of got more involved than before!!!!!! Heres me thinking she's going milder! She had to get the go ahead from the borg after all. Sad.

Thanks for that info.

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• flower
    flower

sirona,

love the name btw. you are right i know that is all in the societys own literature. i dont really believe what i said up there..just confused and not thinking straight sometimes. i dont believe that the devil is running this whole ex jw society in an effort to turn people away from jehovah. its stupid really but people do believe that.

i agree, the org has some good points in that it does teach people to be moral and good upstanding citizens. but the bad far outweighs the good.

thanks,

flower

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Flower,

It sounds like you are making good progress. I am very happy for you!

Like some of the others have said, don't push your mother or anyone else too hard. Directly attacking someone's belief system rarely if ever helps. It's like jerking a baby’s security blanket away.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey Flower!

You go girl! It sounds like you had an open, frank discussion with your mom. This is healthy, very healthy! It also sounds like you handled things very well and with just the right amount of tact. ((hugs)) I know I don't post very often, but I read a LOT here and did catch some of your posts from before. You have been through a lot of stuff and I'm so happy that you are getting stronger. Keep up the great work.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Redhorsewoman,

You are so right!! I even now after several years still have that subconscience thought kick in "maybe they are right and I'm wrong" creep in. The programming runs deep, and it takes a lot of continuous soul searching and strength to break away from it. Thanks for a great post.

betweenworlds

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit