Are You Still Interested in Looking for Truth?

by cameo-d 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

already found it

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

and the answer is, there is none

• zagor
    zagor

Of course, you always want to know deeper answers. While I don't believe in god I believe things need to have logical explanation and there are deeper levels of truth that are yet to be discovered. At some deep level physics must be unified, compact and things must make sense. We can't have to major branches of physics being accurate in their own fields while being incomparable with each other, somewhere, something is missing. We don't know how life begin, we got good idea how it developed but where the spark began, what forces kick-started it we don't know. If we did perhaps that would answer the question if we are alone in the universe or not. History can certainly teach us a lot and there are few people more passionate about archeology than me (at least among people I know) but that doesn't mean I'm looking for evidence of biblical miracles. Miracles are in the eye of beholder. I'm sure if Criss Angel was somehow transported some 2000-3000 years into the past many would regard him as a god. The truth that I want to know is devoid of illusions, misdirections or anything designed to appeal manly to my feelings and not to my mind. If something is the truth then its both beautiful in its own right and logical as well.

• moshe
    moshe

Gravity is truth and you don't have to look for it. If God is all around us and exerts the same universal power, then I don't think we would need to search for any truth about God.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Do any of you actually enjoy discussing Biblical topics that relate to ancient history....

The Bible is just a collection of relatively young myths and legends that are from a country on the other side of the planet from me, passed down by people who are not my ancestors.

I wouldn't call it 'ancient history'.

There is nothing historical about talking snakes with legs.

Hysterical perhaps.

Cheers

Chris

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Answer: 42

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Where did we come from? What are our origins? What has this life all been for? Is this all there is? Is there anything after this life? Can the truth ever be found?

These questions have existed probably since human consciousness existed. But there has never been a satisfying answer until the Watchtower Society was formed. God has given us all the answers in His Word, the Bible. But who wants to read all those thousands of pages just to get to the good bits. This 32 page brochure entitled "What is the Purpose of Life" shows you the true answer to that question from the Bible.

But seriously, I always thought it was the most disappointing thing to not be allowed to explore these questions on my own and so crappy that the answer took 32 pages to explain. It seems to me that the answer should be able to be explained in less than five words or it would take a lifetime to explain. I am happy that I am free to answer these questions any crazy way that I want to and change my mind the next day and not worry that god will kill me because he doesn't like my answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit