Just saw a New World Translation on my co-worker's desk

by Brocephus 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

He is kind of new but a nice guy... I knew there was something wrong with him. Just went over to ask him something and he had the CD-Rom version of the NWT on his desk. It was like Count Dracula seeing the cross. Both our eyes went to it and I frooze in horror. He said, well what is it you need help with again. I said nothing and walked ran back to my work area. Any suggestions?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wear a Cross ..

http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/1-swirly-cross-cydney-morel-corton.jpg

...........................OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Feign interest - and subtly let him know the truth about the cult.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus
    Feign interest - and subtly let him know the truth about the cult.

Oh how I would love too. But I got family in the area.... I don't want to get labeled and apostate. I worked with some before we seemed to have an uneasy truce.

• yknot
    yknot

Hee heee hee heee......

When opportunity strikes......

Make a point in saying 'oh yaa.... I have been reading one of their books.....

When he asks which one.... say "The Finished Mystery'

Than make an excuse and walk away.........

Say nothing more about the book if he asks but offer to give him a copy....

• Think About It
    Think About It

There's a very fine line in the workplace concerning a person's religion. Make sure you don't cross it.

Think About It

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

I have a question, What is the WTS take on illegal aliens? I work with two brothers (siblings), who both go to a spanish Cong. They put the awake mags on their desks like they read them or something. The owner of the company who is my friend has told me that they cant go to San Diego to bid on work because they don't have papers to get past the Escondito check point. I have been curious about this for a while. Is it a don't ask, don't tell concience matter?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It may not be as bad as you think. It's funny because I have the NWT cd here in my desk at work. Granted I have not listened to it since I found out it was a scam (the religion and hence all of their litterature), but it was given to me by a family member. Maybe that's why I haven't tossed it. I did in the past find it relaxing to listen to Proverbs if I was feeling kind of irritable.

Of course, it's in my desk, not on it like decoration. I say if he keeps it out, he is looking to do some witnessing on the job so don't acknowledge it.

I did work with a RN who would carry a WT sticking out of the pocket of her scrubs. I definitely avoided her.

jada

• yknot
    yknot

BackRoomBilly.....

Here saith the Flock Book page 138-139

If a person approaching baptism is an illegal alien, he should be urged to do what he can to rectify his status with regard to the law of the land . (w77 3/15 pp. 191-2) The Christian congregation today follows a course harmonious with the Biblical pattern of the apostle's dealing with the case of Onesimus . (Philem . 8-22)

Overseers are not to police the lives of the brothers, nor are they obligated to become acquainted with all the details of civil and criminal law so as to enforce these . Just as they do not check to see if someone's home meets every detail of the building code, they do not investigate in order to determine whether a person has satisfied every detail as to his legal situation in the country before allowing him to get baptized or to continue in the congregation .

Baptism would not be denied such a person, but he would not be viewed as exemplary and would not be used in any responsible position in the congregation . The same would apply to a person who uses fraudulent or illegal identification .

A brother who has notified the authorities of his illegal status and filed papers to resolve his situation would not be restricted as to representing the congregation in prayer, sharing in teaching, or being appointed as a pioneer, a ministerial servant, or an elder if otherwise qualified .

Such privileges may be extended even though the uthorities do not act promptly on his request for permission to remain in the country. He is no
    longer a fugitive .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Garlic ....lots of Garlic .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit