Memorial: Attendance Down, But Partakers Up!

by BabaYaga 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is the impression I am getting from various threads. Of course, we won't "know" until they release the figures... oh, what am I talking about. We won't know then, either, because we know that they discount anyone who partakes that they don't recognize or deem "worthy". The figures are definitely tweaked.

Watchtower will very well twist this as "the love of the greater number cooling off" and use the numbers to proclaim that that the end is NEARER THAN EVER! Regardless, I personally take it as a very, very good sign that more minds and hearts are awakening.

How were the numbers in your area?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Attendance down a little.

Since I'm no longer an elder I didn't get the inside scoop on partakers last night.

I don't think there were any though. I'll find out for sure this week.

It was definitely the first memorial that my wife and I both "partook" of a nice French Rhone wine beforehand though.

om

• justmom
    justmom

Hello

There were 5 of us last nite. Me, my husband and three sons....could a hearsd a pin drop......

peace

justmom (Kim)

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

Two my son and I. I partake privately now. No judgemental sneers.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome justmom and Blueeyes54!

John 6:54 (New International Version)

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Dunno how the non partakers expect to be raised up in the first resurrection?

Blessings,

Stephen

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Cheers to all.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When I began studying the WTS indoctrination program in 1967......these numbers were talked about and excitedly watched to see them decrease each successive year.....until something (like real bible truths) sneaked into the picture and messed up the WTS figuring and explanations about this whole thing.It has gotten so far out of whack at this late date I wonder how these "spiritual leaders" can live with themselves as they continue to make things up as they go along. The whole thing is a farce....and it shows.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Now that they (GB) opened the doors to heaven after closing them in 1935, the partakers numbers should go up again.

I remember somewhere I read that in the early days because the numbers were small JWs taught only ones are going to heaven. Their teaching was only 144,000 were going to heaven. Then, since their numbers were increasing, they realized that they had to get new light, so they created the early class, that live would on earth forever. Maybe since more and more partakers are increasing, they will get new light and create something to explain this problem. Maybe quit counting or at least quit reporting the partakers number. Whoever the supposedly faithful and discreet slave class doesn't matter any way because the Governing Body are the ones running the show.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I forgot about this years Memorial. No one invited me! (Should I feel left out or peaceful)?

I can't say that my family is leaving me alone. I got a few "JW goody-two-shoes" e-mails this week from a family member, and quickly disseminated the disinformation. I sent my better information to the person, who is so into the cult .... blinded. He'll go back into his hole for a while...until the next "preach to your family" comes out again.... It's like the game "whack-a-mole". The machine makes the mole come out, I wack it back. Repeat. It just isn't as fast.

However, I have to buy some colored, Easter eggs for a toddler hunt on Friday. So, don't you all let me forget to buy this. It's very important to these kids.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I make it a point not to attend celebrations where the celebrators don't actually celebrate ANYTHING.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit