Memorial: Attendance Down, But Partakers Up!

by BabaYaga 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

And they make sure no one has a good time. I remember some families would have a nice meal at home afterwards and invite a few people. Others would go out to eat afterwards (especially the group that had to get there at 6:30, no dinner). Nothing wild....but then there was the local needs talk "cautioning" against doing that, making it a big "worldly" celebration. So eating is worldly????

• Chalam
    Chalam

Farkel I make it a point not to attend celebrations where the celebrators don't actually celebrate ANYTHING.

Indeed!

blondie Others would go out to eat afterwards (especially the group that had to get there at 6:30, no dinner). Nothing wild....but then there was the local needs talk "cautioning" against doing that, making it a big "worldly" celebration.

Titus 1:15-16 (New International Version)

15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Blessings,

Stephen

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, dear Baba: My focal point for years was doing good to Christ's brothers as they, those of the Remnant whom I knew and loved, were truly the elect [imho]. I am at a complete loss now, though I still feel they had to have had some special connection up there. CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thank you all so much for your invaluable input! Your comments are poignant in describing the true nature of the "memorial".

I'm hoping we have some reported figures soon (and a comparison to previous years.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit