First Time that I Didn't Go to the Memorial - Now Depressed

by daniel-p 35 Replies latest jw friends

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I went with my wife and daughter and enjoyed evry bit of the non sense...especially the 2 destiny crap and the number of parttakers....I jokingly told her at this rate the heavenly class will outnumber the great crowd at some point of time.This was followed by a good dinner

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses do this to get you back. Miss the REJECT Jesus Party, and they will feel mighty let down. This is to make you feel bad, so you can assuage your guilt by going to the REJECT Jesus Party next year (or better, the next boasting session). It is part of the design of all religion, but this one is worse.

They need to have one day when "If you attend nothing else, attend this". This is to find out who is inactive and has disappeared. It gives the hounders one chance during the year to catch up with those people, and if you go, you will be hounded into doing ever more. Families do this all the time--getting despondent when you blow off the REJECT Jesus Party--in order to get you back into the cancer. They think you are going to get destroyed very soon because that's what they hear all the time. They do not want you dead, so they will play this card to get you back into the cancer. Which makes them that much richer and gives them the satisfaction of having ruined one more life (and others, should they succeed in getting you back in field circus).

One thing they did when they went for me to be celibate: They cut off all possibility of using anyone that means anything to me to guilt me into going to the REJECT Jesus Party. And, if Jehovah is going to set me up to be a STENCH to the opposite sex, I see no reason not to do everything I can to slap Him in the face on purpose. Which includes buying a Ouija board instead of going to the REJECT Jesus Party.

• Gregor
    Gregor

WTWiz

Wow, that was profound. Seriously. That came straight from your heart to the keyboard. The last paragraph is interesting but I'm not sure I understand.

Anyway, my comments to Daniel-P were from my heart also. I know I am blunt sometimes but my lack of finesse shouldn't be taken as lack of respect for the millions of circumstances facing people who have lives entangled with the Watchtower Society.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My 1st missed memorial was really awkward. I drove my wife to the KH and then came back to pick her up. That time between definately was uncomfortable. Since then my wife has missed one or two although she was there this year, it might not be as awkward as u are thinking it may be. My wife drifted more in my direction and less to the WT.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. It actually blew over fairly well. My wife does not seem to be holding anything against me and things have gone back to normal. Of course I have made every effort to show her my love and support, so I'm sure that has helped.

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

i also didn't attend the memorial.but i still think that jesus' sacrifice is really the means to gain forgiveness from sins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit