I'm going back!!!

by badseed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm with Jeff. No harm done.

That said, it is a colossal waste of time if the motive is to find out how much they've changed. They haven't, at least not at the Bible Study level.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jw's do it all the time here on this very board. Pretend to be someone they are not.

And that makes it okay because.....

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Be careful.They keep records and do background checks.I know this cuz my dad was an elder.Couldnt you just join a band instead?or get a tattoo?Either way,good luck,and be careful.ok?

• Think About It
    Think About It

TAI - Jw's do it all the time here on this very board. Pretend to be someone they are not. For that matter, people in general play games all the time. Just go into a bar some Friday night. It's not like he is seeking to harm anyone. I don't see a problem with it. I can't see myself doing that, but to each his own.

Let me see if I got this straight. Mature people come to this board who have seen the light because they got DF'd, DA'd themselves, or in general diagree with the WTS. You can read lot's of talk on this board about the lies & deception of the WTS. It is okay for a DF'd person to go to another KH and claim they are somebody who was never a JW, but now an interested person wanting a home BS? Very bizzare.

Think About It

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It seems your situation is like a person who was in alcatraz and the wardens thru you into the bay to the sharks but somehow you made it and now you want to swim back just to see how things have changed be careful the sharks are still there and its still a prison.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

If in doing this you intend to ask thought provoking questions that may help those in the cult think then I say go for it. I would love to do the same but I don't think I could bite my tongue.

LD

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think that if you go back with the purpose of asking probing questions to get people to think independently of the organization's mentality, then it could be a productive enterprise. Who knows, you may be of help to some people. Other than that, I'll have to agree with Think About It's perspective. It's not right to mess with people just for the fun of it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good luck !

• wobble
    wobble

I too say good luck !

We had someone on here not so long ago who was studying and we fed in the awkward questions Tee Hee, maybe we can help in your little wheeze.

just be " as cautious as a serpent " even if you cannot do the innocent bit, remember you are our secret agent in deep cover, just make sure you don't end up in deep doo-doo.

Wobble

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    at some point, there will be something that will trigger and set them off to knowing you may know more than letting on.

Not if you make yourself a rule not to tell them anything and stick to it.

Only ask questions. Better still, only ask questions based on their own statements, or the literature they have given you.

If you don't bring up information from an outside source you should be able to avoid the ApostaAlarm® going off for a lot longer.

Good luck

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit