Did you feel embarassed explaining the Memorial to people?

by lepermessiah 35 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Great comment JWoods! My wife went to the Memorial one time, and when we left she said she felt like she just spent an hour at a tax seminar!! She was totally creeped out by the lack of joy or feeling...and not partaking but passing the emblems...that was her first and last time!

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I just say I celebrated the Passover.

• carla
    carla

Good thread topic!

This is a difficult concept for non jw's. You tell them that everybody passes the body & blood of Christ and only one or two people probably partake. Their eyes get huge and they always say "WHAT???!!!" so you explain about the anointed, 144,000 etc... . Many are truly grieved by this and others just ask 'so they have no hope'

• designs
    designs

Christianity has move versions of Communion than you can shake a stick at, our former religion included.

Have you attended Mass or a conservative Lutheran Church with closed Communion, a few years ago I sat through a Church of Christ Communion and they passed soda crackers and Welch's Grape Juice. Soda Crackers and Grape Juice

Jesus, the good Jew, wouldn't recognize himself in all of these Rituals.

'Do a little good each day'

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'I could never explain how 'they' know they are anointed........................the 'THEY just KNOW' explanation sounds like a load of crock.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Shit! I drink Welch's Grape Juice every day - does that make me Lutheran?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit