Did you feel embarassed explaining the Memorial to people?

by lepermessiah 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I did.....

By the time you were done, they looked at you like you were from another planet.

It was the "you actually believe all of this?" look.

• fokyc
    fokyc

NO;

I never discussed it with anyone, I didn't understand it myself!

• snowbird
    snowbird

No, I actually believed the WT was on the right track.

I remember "explaining" this to a young man and he said, "This is something thought up by a White guy, right?"

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I should have heeded that alarm.

Sylvia

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

"This is something thought up by a White guy, right?"

LOL! - Thats funny. I had a call one time on an older gentleman and his buddy was over one time and told me to get lost since I was from "THE MAN".....

I actually calmed him down and told him I wasnt - that I personally hated all the racial divide. He then went on to tell me a bunch of great stories about the 60's and early 70's about his experiences fighting "THE MAN"......

Then I invited them to the memorial - hahaha.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Black people are funny!

Sylvia

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Not the memorial itself, because a lot of churches have a form of communion. But I remember explaining to a co-worker once that we couldn't actually eat the bread or drink the wine, and how strangely he looked at me for that.

• Heaven
    Heaven

But I remember explaining to a co-worker once that we couldn't actually eat the bread or drink the wine, and how strangely he looked at me for that.

I only went to one Memorial that I can remember. I figured, if I wasn't allowed to partake, what was the point in going?

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• clearlyenlight
    clearlyenlight

So are you guys in the religion, or raised in it, or what?

I am guessing that the JW's have no clue about the upcoming New World Order and the progression the world governments are aiming for?

Well the memorial is embarrassing to explain because it is of their religious dogma, and has nothing to do with the truth of reality.

The best thing a person can do is detach from the programmed deception and the ideology of the Watchtower, and you will begin to see the true light.

Advent of Deception

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I am guessing that the JW's have no clue about the upcoming New World Order and the progression the world governments are aiming for?

The only one who can stop it is Aqua-man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit