10 good reasons why celebrating birthdays should be allowed

by bluecanary 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• twice shy
    twice shy

@NY44M- LOLOLOLOLOLOL

When we re-read the account we saw that someone also lived on that convenient day. Also, that everyday is someone's birthday and somewhere someone is dying and it doesn't have to do with fact that it's someone's birthday.

I love to read that the angels came down from heaven rejoicing on the birthday of Christ. The witnesses don't focus or center on that account at all. Not even when discussing the bible readings that cover that part. They have their chosen people they call on to comment who always conveniently skip over that part. Ugggg

It's so fake and you'll completely miss it if not paying real close attention.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Rattigan350 - "I don't understand why people celebrate them. What's the point?"

Makes them feel special.

We all need that every once in a while.

Not to mention, it's a way for everybody else to indicate that they're glad you were born.

So it makes them feel good, too.

• Black Man
    Black Man

great thread!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

BTW, I have a birthday next week. Just sayin....

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Happy Birthday

• monis1
    monis1

marked

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Marked

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I have always thought of a Birthday as not so much a special day to celebrate, but the celebration of having lived another 365days. But then the older you get the more you appreciate the years you have lived, as opposed to the age you actually are.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Any excuse to Part-a-a-a-a-a-y! Wooo!

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Believing that birthday celebrations have pagan roots - isn´t that a prejudice?

To not celebrate anyones birthday - isn´t that superstisious?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit