Sixscreensofthewatchtower

by Piercingtheveil81 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Six Screens is kinda creepy.

Sour Grapes

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

He could take a leaf (or maybe all of them) out of jwfacts book.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I commented once about his over-the-top sensationalism and how harmful I think it is and he jumped all over my a**, accusing me of not doing enough to help free people from the cult. (sighs and rolls eyes) I refused to engage. But - now that you guys all had the effrontery to say bad things about him - oooooooo you're gonna be in trooooubbbbblllleeeee. ;)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I listened to one of the conference calls some time after it aired, it was the one Simon and Angharad was on. I admit the host was sensationalizing, bringing up certain posters post counts and stuff like that. Saying things in not shocking but a bit over the top manner. I just took it as his personality and his excitement over the event.

It was opened up to phone call questions to Simon and I had a new appreciation for Simon. He was very respectful, patient and soft spoken and loved his accent!!! I began to read his posts from a very different tone. Angharad sounded so very young. Mouthy was a gem, when some could not get through to comment she hung her phone up so others could participate.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When started looking for facts on the net I came across the six screens. I didn't like the look of it all, as has been said it is somewhat creepy.

I think content, in the main is very good. But an active JW will be put off by it.

Sites like JWFacts and Freeminds are much more likely to be read by active witnesses.

• DT
    DT

I have mixed feeling about the six screens site. I have to admit that it was helpful to me. I ran across it at the right time. If I found it earlier I would have probably been turned off by it, if I found it later, I would have probably considered it unnecessary or redundant.

I think it may serve a useful purpose in being unpopular. It seems to represent the stereotypical JW image of an evil apostate site. If they run across it they might conclude that this is what the Society is warning them against. If they later come across a site like Freeminds, then it may seem rather innocent by comparison. They may actually start reading it because it doesn't trigger the same kind of fear responses.

I just wish the site would link to other XJW related sites because it doesn't appeal to many people and I think most would benefit from a different approach.

• minimus
    minimus

To each their own. Obviously, some like it. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

• doublelife
    doublelife

I have to agree with the creepy factor. When I was first looking to see what information about jws was on the internet six screens was one of the first sites I found. At the time I was still a believing jw and this site scared me. Especially the page about occult teachings. The music is so scary. I immediately left the website because I thought demons would come into my home. I felt so ashamed and guilty that I went to an apostate website. It took me a few days to get over it and eventually my curiosity overtook and I found jwfacts.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I went there once.

Never again!!!!!!!

BTW I think "creepy" is an understatement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit