Sixscreensofthewatchtower

by Piercingtheveil81 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

I was just reading an email from Rick Fearon about the conference call this saturday. I'm starting to think that some things they say are a bunch of crap. They seem too stuck in the past and can;t seem to let go. Nowadays I rarely think about the JW's. If people want to continue believing in the Society and continue to be decieved that their own damn fault just like it was mine.

While I am all for letting JW's know the realities of the watchtower's false reasonings and their effect, some former witnesses are getting on my nerves by sensationalizing the hell out of some issues. While the WTS difinitely has its problems so do many others.

Does anyone else agree with me?

• shamus100
    shamus100

100 percent yes.

There is a lot of sensationalism and it's up to each person to make an objective opinion by themselves. By the same token, there are a lot of stories out there that you never hear about that are very repugnant.

Part of the problem is just moving on.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Bttt...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I had a look at the Six Screens website and found it rather creepy-looking, so I can only imagine how it would look to an active JW!!

Unfortunately some ex-JWs think they have to sensationalise their findings, but I think it detracts from the message they are trying to give. When I was looking for answers, the websites that gave me the most help were ones like Freeminds, which give information in a factual and straight forward way, without drama or hype.

I think that’s also why Crisis of Conscience resonates with so many, because Ray Franz writes in a rational manner without trying to tug at our emotions. He could easily have made his book to be all about him, acting like a victim, but instead, he sticks to the facts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I once sent one of the studies to that site. And that was the end of that study.

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Broken Promises, I agree with you about CoC and those sites that presented things in a factual straightforward manner. Since I felt I had been pulled in by Watchtower sensationalizing things I was somewhat hesitant about just believing whatever things where said about the organization if it didn't have real proof.

Regarding Rick fearon's site, it is rather creepy. Although there is some interesting things there, I don't necessarily believe all of it.

• Growingup
    Growingup

I think the six screens people say nutty things... granted they are trying to send the message that JW's are screwed up and such and I'm all down for education and outreach, but this isn't the way.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think that the Sixscreens mindset is a perfect example of the kind of extreme thinking that sucks many people into the WT Org to begin with. It is irrational and emotional. The guy still thinks he's anointed. Happy trails Rick. W.Once

• awildflower
    awildflower

Have to agree. The only time I listened to one of those conferences was when he had and ex-all the way at the top guy, and he was going to "spill the beans" on the whole WTO. The poor guy really didn't have much to say and the commentator was trying to exaggerate and make it more than it was and help the guy along with his "information". It was odd and sounded outdated. Personally I'm passed all the WT bashing. BUT I like to hear facts. That's just MHO though.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I did the show once. Never again. I hate the over the top kind of marketing he does. Too much like one of those marketing infomercials where the guy is yelling all the time. It just isn't my style of talking to people.

I think you get a lot more people listening if you lower your voice and speak gently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit