New discovery.

by AK - Jeff 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
  • Cadellin
    Cadellin

I think its an exciting, though not terrible unexpected discovery. Technological advances in mining ancient DNA--which have been significant over the last decade--are going to make the hominin family tree a lot more detailed and it makes perfect sense to find that our species was as diverse as any other. Still, the information gleanable from mDNA is limited--I'm looking forward to seeing what the x-woman's nuclear DNA will reveal, if, in fact, any is salvageable.

I wonder if the "new" Creation book supposedly due out this summer will have a chapter about ancient DNA???

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

That Satan fellow is so clever. He thinks he can rock the faith of witnesses the world over, by placing these fake bones, fossils, etc.

He'll never rock my faith toward the organisation......

• cantleave
    cantleave

I heard about this this morning. Our ancestry is becoming clearer for sure. Sceptics will say it is just another ape.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes, I remember as a Jw [and I have heard other Christians do similar] just 'knowing' that scientists were obviously mistaken in understanding the evidence - or that they had counterfeited it to support science over god.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

interesting, thanks for posting.

The discoveries, the more we need to re-think what we have been taught.

purps

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

cantleave

I heard about this this morning. Our ancestry is becoming clearer for sure. Sceptics will say it is just another ape.

This skeptic thinks it's probably human. I would just like to know what or how this constitutes another species.

• Quandry
    Quandry

It IS interesting...thanks for posting this!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are the little people who were on a remote Indonesian Island: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/beta/evolution/little-people-flores.html

There were Neanderthals. Why not others that didn't make it? There are plenty of extinct animals. There might really be a bigfoot tribe out there.

The things that scientists are doing with DNA are amazing. They narrow down the pathways of how life spread across the globe and they seem pretty accurate with the timing based on DNA.

One side note that I think- if life diversifies so well on earth, another planet with water and earth-like situations should just as easily have plenty of life. Near the billions times billions times billions of stars, there just might be a good number of those planets.

• fluke
    fluke

A-huh... The original eastern people... The Pre-historic Oriental... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit