Do you believe in reincarnation?

by TastingFreedom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Reincarnation, literally "to be made flesh again", is the belief that the soul, after death of the body, comes back to earth in another body. According to one belief, a new personality is developed during each life in the physical world, but the soul remains constant throughout the successive lives.[1]

Belief in reincarnation has ancient roots. This doctrine is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism and Jainism. The idea was also entertained by some ancient Greek philosophers. Many modern Neopagans also believe in reincarnation as do some New Age movements, along with followers of Spiritism, practitioners of certain African traditions, and students of esoteric philosophies such as Kabbalah, and Gnostic and Esoteric Christianity. The Buddhist concept of rebirth although often referred to as reincarnation differs significantly from the Hindu-based traditions and New Age movements in that there is no unchanging "soul" (or eternal self) to reincarnate.

There is a something about the belief in reincarnation... so I'm exploring this belief system.

Makes me wonder if we are in a cycle to grow as human beings/spiritually throughout our lives.

Do you feel that this may be possible? Do you think you existed before in a previous life?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I did in a previous life, but not now.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Big, heavy sigh.....)

I didn't - before I had an experience I couldn't explain... Just like I didn't believe in 'ghosts' until I had an experience I couln't explain...

So, now I kinda-sorta-maybe do...

Will let you know in the next life!!! Be sure I have your address before I go!!

Zid

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it's one of the two possibilities that I consider: reincarnation and non-existence after death of the body.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is incredibly hard to accept that we simply cease to exist after a lifetime of learning and experience. What happens after death? Nobody knows and few are in a hurry to find out.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I really do think that I do. I have such a draw...I mean major draw...to the British Isles...to Ireland and medieval England. My heritage is only part Irish. I really think I did live back then. The strange thing is that my SON ALSO thinks he lived back then. Totally unknown to him that I had those thoughts as well.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only be transformed from one state to another. In some respect the energy that exists within us will be transformed into another state once we die. Whether this corresponds to a soul or has a connection to our conscious mind we will all have to wait and see.

• spawn
    spawn

It would be nice to come back and have another go at life.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Do you feel that this may be possible? Do you think you existed before in a previous life?

I think its possible, its my favorite theory.

I think we are spirits having material experiences.

Its like a trip to Cedar point or Disney world.

We live this life. Everything is recorded on a disc.

We go back to heaven reflect and chill.

But there is not much going on in the spirit world.

So when we get bored we come back here to the pleasure planet.

We can come back as a human, animal, plant etc.

Its like bying a ticket at the carnival.

• crapola
    crapola

No

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit