Do you believe in reincarnation?

by TastingFreedom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe that our instincts are actually learned from previous life lessons. It sure makes more sense to me than the explanation that we are all pre-programmed by the god of the Bible to think and behave a certain way. Just my opinion:)

• darthfader
    darthfader

I am beginning to think that there is more to our existence than the 70+ years we get here. There are many unexplained things that capture my attention and I go hmmmm... I read others' experiences and see a connection to places I've never been.

Wobble: LOL

Darth Fader

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I think that there is something to it, but I don't like to give it a lable or confine it to a set belief.

• metatron
    metatron

I believe that some form or degree of reincarnation must be true. I have observed very young children (1-2 yrs) show instinctive behavior that I don't see any other explanation for. I think that kids would not survive unless they had some basic 'programming' and mothers often insist that their babies manifest traces of personality almost immediately.

Animals can express complex behaviors well beyond the training of their parents ( like the classic cowbird which get dumped in some other birds nest as an egg).

I also was impressed by the fact that people who have near death experiences widely report that what they encountered was "more real than real" and that their whole remaining lifespan may be changed permanently - something that a simple dream doesn't do.

Suppose atoms and waves are not the foundations of reality? Suppose it was consciousness? You could create a synthesis of evolution, God, intelligent design.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit