2010 "Remain Close to Jehovah" Talks

by garlic81 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I've learned more on this site about cutting-edge Watchtower activities than I ever did as a loyal Witness. It is amazing. I really wasn't paying attention at all.

One talk out of the entire convention mentions Jesus in the theme. And they wonder why people think they don't believe in Jesus?

I'm particularly impressed with the symposium--so we go...Abraham, Ruth, Hezekiah, and MARY??? What's up with THAT leap? Why bother going into the New Testament?

I wonder if I'll be able to get the new books even though I'm DF'ed? It'll be my first DF'ed convention! I'll get to see the united brotherhood lovingly shunning me for the first time as a group of 6,000+. I'm hoping to wear a "Hello, My Name Is" sticker on my jacket, and write "NON-PERSON" on it in big letters. Just to see how many looks I'll get. On the plus side, I can now talk to the people who will surely be picketing the convention, like that guy who held up a sign, saying, "Which is truth, Watchtower or God's Word? John 17:17." Perhaps he didn't realize that to JWs, there is no distinction between the Watchtower and the Bible. Ah, well...

Maybe if there is a new creation-type book, I can finally research the evolution issues. I've yet to do that. I want to see if they suck at science like they suck at Bible.

All in all, it's going to be a spectacular time. And I thought I hated conventions before--the sleep deprivation, the restaurants instead of just grabbin' a cheap sandwich and goin' home, and the indoctrination!!! Ooooh, the indoctrination!!!

Okay, remember, brothers, keep your comments to 30 words or less...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

“For Those Loving Jehovah there is No Stumbling Block”

Oh boy - thats not what Jesus taught.........he indicated many would be stumbled, and the one who would be punished would be the ONE DOING THE STUMBLING!!

Symposium – “Allow Nothing to Distance You From Jehovah”

· Satan’s Subtle Efforts

· Pride

· Money

· Health

· Career

· Recreation

· Family

· Technology

LOL - What is left after that? NO FUN, SUCCESS, OR CLOSE TIES ALLOWED.............PERIOD

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

this will be my 2nd year to not go!!! So So So glad about it!!! i didn't enjoy them when I was one!!! to think of it I didn't enjoy much of anything that we were "forced" in to doing!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I do have to say I would like to hear what type of BS they use to explain why people leave!!! This will be the mind control symposium!!!

Symposium – “Allow Nothing to Distance You From Jehovah”

· Satan’s Subtle Efforts - what you have a question? that is Satan

· Pride - please don't consider thinking for yourself the GB has ALL the answers

· Money - do more FS and less working

· Health - oh you think you need to sleep when we have FS to do?

· Career - the ONLY career you need is being a JW

· Recreation - Fun? what these are the last days?!!!

· Family - Put the decisions of the GB above your family

· Technology - no more ipods for you!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh boy - thats not what Jesus taught.........he indicated many would be stumbled, and the one who would be punished would be the ONE DOING THE STUMBLING!!

BANG!!!!! HERE HERE, HERE HERE!!!

Symposium equation for you: =

'Nuff said.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow what a laugh riot this will be. This is going to be about keeping faithful to GB even though the new generation teaching may be causing a bit of concern.

I am so glad that I'm going to be missing this mental torture. I wonder what the theme for Alton Towers weekend will be?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Too bad there won't be any free apple danishes and oj to get hopped up on before having a hoagie....

Just reading the program makes me sleepy, thanks!

• LittleSister
    LittleSister
    I am so glad that I'm going to be missing this mental torture. I wonder what the theme for Alton Towers weekend will be?

“The Drawing Near to My Family and Friends is Good For Me”

Morning

Nugget’s Address

“What's for Breakfast?”

“Is Everyone Ready”

Symposium: “Alton Towers Agenda”

· Excitement

· Relaxation

· Laughter

· Fun

Keynote Address “What's For Lunch?”

Afternoon

“Answers to Questions About Where are the Toilets”

“Never Become Enraged with Your Children Even if they are Having a Tantrum”

Symposium: “Communication Helps Families Not To Get Lost in Big Theme Park”

· Where are the – Children

· Where are the – Husbands

· Where are the – Wives

· Where are the – Cars

Closing Address: “What's for Tea?”

• TD
    TD

Imitate Those Who Maintain Intimacy with Jehovah ---- How Mary did so

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Audio Drama “Do Not Give Out When Corrected by Jehovah”

donuthole:

What's the difference between an audio drama and a regular one?

control. Think about it...no more long, time consuming rehearsals on the weekends... everyone gets to listen to the prerecorded program. No local twists (actual fire coming out of the altar, for example).....

edited to add...I see this is in addition to the regular drama on Sunday afternoon.... remember when there used to be more than one full costume drama?

...sounds like a good excuse to sleep/wonder around...

....oh wait... I dont go to those anymore...lol

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit