JW's being more "secretive" than usual?

by cameo-d 22 Replies latest jw friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Yes. I get told nothing. But my dad likes to blab. I called the other night and

he told me that my sister (baptised at 16 but faded 25 years ago) is now a JW again!

I am flabbergasted as she has always been strongly opposed. Unfortunately, she's not

talking to me now (don't know why either) but I wouldn't try to discourage her anyway.

I think she's having major issues in her life and they're swarming her with the "love."

Makes me feel sick.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Since what they publicly disclose is idiotic, it is fair to assume that what they hold in secret is also idiotic.

Farkel

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Cameo-D,

It isn't your imagination because I have noticed this in the last several years or so. They are very closed-mouthed. Not just the ones who know you and run into you at the store but strange ones you meet on public transportation reading their literature.

This is in start contrast to what I noticed 20 years ago. I think part of the reason is that they may very well be embarrassed over new teachings and just don't want to talk about it because it is depressing AND/OR the paranoia level has been raised several notches and they are trained to view anybody who they do not know to be an active JW with caution.

• drzhivago73
    drzhivago73

Not to mention the secret assembly/special meetings where only the elite are invited (MS, Elders, Pioneers) Does anyone know of a recent one of these? My Pioneer mother didn't even tell us, I heard from someone else.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The secret meetings are the steps taken to outsource and flatten the surface areas for lawsuits and liabilities. You'll be seeing rotating CO's who are local brothers and more measures being taken to maintain control through the indoctrination of elders and the "empowerment" (making-them-legally-liable) of these to foster a greater sense of loyalty. The hinted at reasons for these changes are the fictitious and much hoped for "persecution" that the western-witnesses have wet dreams about.

• carla
    carla

They are afraid apostates will post things on the evil internet.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Shhhhhh... it's a see-cwet, they awe huntin' wabbits...
    It's the persecution mentality you're tuning into... it's been
    there all along, just you're sensitized to it now. It is a holding
    back pearls from swine, a sense that if you open up with your
    beliefs, with your precious WT truths, that people will trample
    them and even laugh at you or look down at you because of
    who you've chosen to be. It is part of cult mentality and a 
    drawing away from the world. That's what I perceive is going
    on and has been going on about secretive behavior. Perhaps
    it is increasing as the hardships of life are pressing in on 
    people, and they feel they need to round up the waggons
    in order to feel safe. That's what I think is going on with JWs.
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

yep...I noticed. JW mom is mum about most things dub. nope, dont care.

Dub at door: "Hi, my name is Sillie Stupid and this is my friend Wacky Witless. We are in the neighborhood wondering around at random hiding these pieces of paper under doormats and leaves at doors that are obviously never used inviting you to a pointless annual ritual. We were hoping no one would be home so we could just slip it under the doormat so you wouldnt find it until July. Here is your copy.... gotta run."

That is, if they are even bothering with door knocking these days....

Snakes (Rich )

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They might have read the April WT by now

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing I did notice is that they are as likely to hound me to go back to the boasting sessions. Just the other day, one of them tried to waste an hour of my work time trying to get me to the REJECT Jesus Party on March 31 (a mistake: it is March 30). And, last year before they instituted the Family Waste the Evening Night, they were excited about the new arrangement that I knew about 6 months before they even had a clue of what was going on.

I don't even need to attend their boasting sessions. I will not be going to the REJECT Jesus Party, either the correct March 30 or the errant March 31 (but I might use that as an excuse if they start hounding me as to why I didn't go--I will tell them I was told it was March 31). Nor do I need to attend the boasting sessions to know how pathetic the new Kingdumb Maladies are--all I need is this forum, and to watch others bash those new Kingdumb maladies, to tell how pxxx poor they actually are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit