"We're not here to convince you this is the truth."

by sd-7 30 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"We're not here to convince you this is the truth."

He's right about that, what he's saying we are here to place judgment upon you

and to insert a level of punishment and discipline within the guidelines of the

moral laws of the 2000 year old ancient Israelites.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    SD7.....is your wife the girl you waited 3 years for to be reinstated??????

Peaches, yes she is.

It's amazing how little thought is put into a decision that ruins marriages and breaks up families...rat bastards!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Wow well actually at least they were honest! I think you had a rare group of honest elders. They are never there to help but usually they lie about it. They are looking for ways to step on you and destroy you I know it for a fact I survived 4 JCs actually 3 cuz the last one I was dfd. They told you the truth.

I think the meeting should ve ended right there with the question... what are you here for?

• flipper
    flipper

SD-7- To the elders and the WT society they look at their job is not to convince you of the " truth " - they think their job is to control you and force you to obey and not ask questions. It's more about power and control over you than caring really

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just commenting on your opening post as I haven't read the whole thread yet.

It is cult training to recruit newbies but abandon members that start having doubts. They are trained to feel that once you got "the truth" it is yours for life unless you let Satan into your life. It is very odd.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

sd-7

"Were they suggesting that after you've studied the appropriate publications and gotten baptized, that you no longer need any help to be convinced of the truth? If my life was really involved, why not present serious scriptural data to help me see my error? "

I started having and expressing nagging doubts about The Truth 2-3 years before my marriage broke up. The JW wife (then) reported my 'issues' to the Elders for 'help'. I was actually scared of some of my doubts -- and where they may lead.

I asked,well, begged for help. I pleaded with them to study 'something' with me. They said, "But, you've studied all the books and you were a pioneer, etc.. You just need more personal study!" I kept explaining, "That just doesn't seem to work for me...I need someone to guide me, please?" They said, "No-o...Bro. Rabbit, you-already-know-it's-the-Truth! What would be the point ?"

Now, I'm glad they didn't give me that special attention I thought I needed, I might still be a witness. I wonder if it was because, they couldn't count their time with a brother ?

• sd-7
    sd-7
    SD7.....is your wife the girl you waited 3 years for to be reinstated??????

Confirming that, yes. I feel a little bad if Jamie's got to be my press agent on my thread. Yeah, pretty heartbreaking tale.

But I suppose it's very true. It was about control, obedience, nothing more. I've got a lot of interesting thoughts rattling around after tonight--well, last night's meeting. Going to post on it, even though it's crazy late at night/early in the morning...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

sd_7, if you were my friend you would get a jolly good spanking for what you have done.............

............but you would still be my friend.

I need to get over my problems with this cult and, believe it or not, the evolution of your story is helping me get through my problems, even though they are very different from yours.

Cheers

Chris

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They realize that they cannot defend it as the truth. Yet, they expect the regular publishers to defend it as the truth to people that are probably more versed in the Bible than they themselves ever will be.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

There were four elders that met with my son and my son told them, "Surely one of you can show me were I am wrong." They told him they couldn't. My son is now an Apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit