we know what southerners like, what about northerners?

by rockmehardplace 63 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Eeeee, us Northeners like our Pigeon lofts, our fish and Chips and our flat Caps, our ferrets and our great sense of community, bugger all brain cells, but a great sense of community.

Oops, I see this is a very parochial thread that only includes folks from northern USA.

Any roadup, I'll just 'ave to tellee a grat Northern chat up line :

"Eee, Tha' don't sweat much for a fat lass !" Works every time, as long as you buy them a deep fried Mars bar and chips.

Love

Wobble (an honorary Fat Northern Bastard)

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

The sound of the winter wind blowing and howling while you sit toasty inside.

The sparkle of a thousand diamonds on an encrusted snow in the moonlight.

The "squeak" of the dry snow under your shoes.(Finally heard it this winter once here in the south, it's been 5 years since I hear it!)

The feel of a brisk cool air in your lungs. Hard to get that sometimes in the south with the humidity in the air.

The grass! Yes the beautiful, green, sweet smelling grass. Perfect for picnics and rolling down hills.

Boating on the lakes in Michigan, seeing the Mackinaw Bridge and the thrill of driving over. Having a pastie in the U.P. and heading over to Mackinaw Island!

The birch trees white bark. The pines covered in snow.

The majestic deer...they are different than the ones where we live in the south.

No threat of snakes, sharks or alligators in the water! (Except for one alligator that someone released in the summer into a sporting lake!)

Koegel's hotdogs.

The hard work ethic.

The school system!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I have never before heard of Poutine?

What state is this popular in?

• Bystander39
    Bystander39

mulled wine after cross country skiing

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

kitten, poutine is a Canadian thing - best in Quebec...I have yet to find a really good one here in the west.

mulled wine after anything or during anything

sitting on a balcony wearing mittens drinking hot chocolate

watching a dog jump and roll around in the snow

piling up fall leaves and jumping in them

• White Dove
    White Dove

I miss scrapple in DE. Going to make French fries and pour brown gravy over them like American Fries used to serve. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

what, no lobster?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yes yes yes! Lobster and crab legs! Stuffed mushrooms, soup, and salad from Olive Garden.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Onion rings

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Thank you Poopsiecakes!

Oh I forgot...sitting outside in a hot tub, with your face and nose tingling from the mist and cold while snowflakes fall on your eyelashes at night! Then the exhilaration of running barefoot back across the snow to get back in the house!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit