HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

by iknowall558 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iknowall558
    iknowall558
    Jehovah's Witnesses News, Library, History, Videos, Talks, Illustrations

invitation for memorial day [HD] WE would like to invite everyone for this very special occasion remembering Jesus death Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me. Luke 22:19 ... When: MARCH 30,2010 at 7PM WHERE: Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Brgy .San Anton San Pablo city Length: 2:22

• alanv
    alanv

I can say very happily that I will not be going there this year on any other year. And I will encourage anyone else I know to avoid it like the plague.

It is simply a massive recruiting night to get new members.

• wobble
    wobble

Is there a way to add a comment to that page on FB ? If so perhaps someone could simply add the scripture that says " UNLESS you eat ........ you have no life......."

I have got to go to work now, so will check back later.

Love

Wobble

• sd-7
    sd-7

I find it hard to imagine Jesus being present at such an event. Him saying to everyone there, "Take, pass amongst yourselves, but don't eat, unless you're anointed. This means my body." I would guess he'd be thinking, what's the point? Is there a precedent even amongst the Gentiles for this? Were they not permitted to eat the Passover meal? So why would the other sheep be prevented from eating?

The Memorial is always a good time to see those people who never got baptized and decided to live normal lives. In my experience, that means they married and had cute babies all around...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This will be 7 years since the last time I went. I don't miss it at all.

W

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

I am constantly amzed that the organization can have such an elitist caste system (the annointed and the not) on such public display at a recruiting event!

When I was studying with some Witnesses I was floored that they think they can acheive any kind of kingdom paradise life without first being born again: "Jesus answered and said to him, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God...unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.'" (John 3:3a,7b)

• cantleave
    cantleave

We will miss our first one ever. I have decided to get some bottles of fine ale in, some crusty white bread and enjoy eating my beer and toast at home - and NO!! I won't be passing it around.

• Aphrael
    Aphrael

This will be the first time I have ever not been to a memorial too, but I do plan to celebrate Jesus' death, just not the JW way.

I always found it hard to understand how it was that if you were of the 'other sheep' you didn't seem to count as much. You know, most of the new testament not applying to you etc...

Just wondering how my mum and dad are going to be though - i think they will be very sad.

Aphrael

• moshe
    moshe

I won't be spending $1400 for a plane ticket to the Philippines.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I got handed my invitation tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit