HERE IS YOUR INVITATION

by iknowall558 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

“This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me. Luke 22:19 .

Actually the accurate translation is 'This is the body of me' not 'This means my body'

dc

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dear Brother iknowall558,

Thank you for your kind invitation to the celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal. I'm sure many interested persons on this discussion board would like to know a little more about what happens there, so I have taken an excerpt that does just that from an article I wrote defending the faith of our fellow Jehovah's Witnesses:

"We only have one celebration a year. This is the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal, held on Nissan 300ZX-turbo of each year. To prepare for this grand celebration, our congregations around the world purchase approximately 80,000 bottles of wine and then assemble together in our Kingdom Halls. No one is allowed to smile at this celebration because it is a “serious celebration.” At the meeting, we fill up glasses with wine, and pass them around so that everyone can look at those glasses of wine. After everyone has had a chance to look at those glasses of wine, the celebration concludes with a prayer. You might be wondering what happens to these 80,000 bottles of wine that everyone had to look at. Well, it is customary to end the evening by purchasing another 2 MILLION bottles of wine and drinking all that wine in various gatherings after the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal."

For a more detailed discussion of the beliefs and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses please refer to the following reference article:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/24914/1/Dubs-For-Dummies

With Warm Christian Regards in Jehovah's Service,

Your Brother,

Farkel

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Farkel LMAO. That just about sums it up

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I got an invitation stuck in my door the other day. I almost didn't see it but I am glad they left it because I would have been forced to call somebody up to ask what time it is being held. I am a 'fader' who goes just for the sake of a few friends in the area....this time I have no intention of chatting with anybody afterwards like I have done in the past.

I intend to make a fast getaway once it is over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit