How To Hurt The Watchtower Financially Don't Contribute And Get Gobs Of Books and Burn Them

by frankiespeakin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Oh yeah, in the spirit of the OP, one other thing you can do if you're still attending is make sure you always have at least one or two territories checked out that you never actually work.

Better yet, see if you can get them in areas that have a reputation for being "productive". (JW code for the poorer part of town.) In this way, you can personally prevent JWs from cold calling on two territories worth of your neighbors who are most likely to fall for the virus. You can even make one of these territories your "personal" territory that you hang onto indefinitely as long as you report it as "worked" every few months.

Every little bit hurts.

om

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This would cause more special needs talks given by the elders for contributions.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

This is a joke.

As mentioned by others, so much of the literature ALREADY is wasted. Excluding the personal copies that each JW receives, ... how much of the rest of the literature actually goes into the hands of someone who really asked for it and is sincere in reading it? If you guessed 5 percent (5 pieces out of a hundred) I would be surprised. So much of it is wasted anyway.

I don't mean to pee on your parade, but if anything, an increase in demand for the magazines would just cause many to rationalize that there is more interest in the publications due to the fact that we are living in the last days, etc, etc, etc.

Rub a Dub

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sure they will have special needs talks but so what? Hurt the WT where ever you can is my motto. Always remind stuck in's to do so, that has got to be a good thing.

• sir82
    sir82

Good idea!

Why don't all ex-JWs go to the nearest Kingdom Hall and place an order for one million magazines each? I'm sure the person behind the counter will cheerfully adjust the order as soon as he gets home.

On a less sarcastic note:

Magazines and other literature are pretty much "loss leaders" for the WTS at this point.

The real money is being made with their investments and real estate deals.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

StraightShooter,

Your avatar looks like the complete oposite of a straight shooter. You need something not so crosseyed and arms in the right place.

• yknot
    yknot

I don't know about anyone else's Hall, but mines has been droning on and on about only placing literature with 'interested ones' versus placing a magazine with every household called upon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Burning truckloads of WBT$ literature won`t hurt the WBT$..

If you want to hurt the WBT$.. Find away,to take away..

WBT$ Real Estate..

WBT$ Stock in.....Rand Cam..Harley Davidson..Johnson and Johnson..Micro Soft..Ect..ect..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Every little bit hurts."

That sums it up. This isn't about bringing them down with one huge scheme. It's about doing the little things.

Another good thing to do is make sure you leave the lights on in closets and bathrooms when you leave.

Also, hit up their site to download the magazines and whatever other crap they've got. They have made announcements telling the rank and file to save the files they download so as to not waste bandwidth (that the WT pays for) downloading the same files over and over. You think the borg doesn't care about the pennies they pinch? Nothing wrong with pinching right back.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Unless things have changed in how they oversee this stuff, if a cong. has a large literature order and not much in donations going to the WTS it will be noticed and the order adjusted. Again, I've been out awhile, but I remember publishers being expected to donate to cover their personal or family literature order and the donations recieved from householders hopefully covering your expense.

The whole idea sounds like a waste of effort and resources. If a person feels that strongly they should just quit going to meeting, FS and donating money.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit