How To Hurt The Watchtower Financially Don't Contribute And Get Gobs Of Books and Burn Them

by frankiespeakin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

For those who still have to go to meetings or are still in for one reason or another but no longer beleive, why not hurt the WT finacially as much as you can by ordering books and getting as much literature as you can and not paying for it.

I would not want to suggest dipping your hand in the contributions destined for the WT coffers as that would be illegal but it has crossed my mind and morally I see nothing wrong with stealing from these frauds.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Isn't that a bit like bringing down Mount Everest with a tablespoon?

• Think About It
    Think About It

That might work briefly, but the elders will adjust the literature order if they run into deficits due to lack of contributions.

Think About It

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Every little bit hurts.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I barely paid for the stuff when I was in. And I never asked householders for contributions. It has crossed my mind to get lots of literature and trash it, but that would mean having to go to the meetings/assemblies- no thanks.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Newsflash! All JWs have been doing this for decades. Except for the burning part, but what they do with them in the ministry is almost equivalent.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I know all JW do it. I did it. I make the suggestion for our lurkers who are stuck in and go to meetings and want to in some small way pay back the WT and cost them money.

If I was stuck in I would try to cost the WT as much as possible and never give them a cent, it may not break them but as the number of stuck ins grows it's got to hurt more.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

April 1st Wt prints 39,601,000 copies

April Awake prints 38,451,000 copies

I do not think that they would notice if I took a shed load and dumped them. As for contributions, with the introduction of direct on line donations and standing orders to the WT, the congregation do not know how much money the brothers contribute for the lit.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Reguardless of how much they print it is still a good practice to get as much as you can free and dump it, it is a waste of their resources and that is a good thing.

Much better than doing nothing.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Think About It said:

That might work briefly, but the elders will adjust the literature order if they run into deficits due to lack of contributions.

In my experience, this won't just happen in a vacuum without plenty of up front warning to the congregation.

If a person stands out as special ordering a lot of expensive items, i.e. Insight on the Scriptures, Proclaimers Book, etc. that will eventually draw unwanted scrutiny. Probably the same is true if you're asking for another song book & Bible every month.

Magazines though are pretty much untraceable especially if you also report placing 80-100% of what you get.

One red flag that COs look for is a big discrepancy between the TOTAL magazine order and the TOTAL magazines placed. If the congo orders 1,000 mags a month and is only averaging 500 placements, talks will be given and eventually Publisher Record Cards will be reviewed and cross checked with mags ordered if the numbers don't improve.

But, if you're a fader with a magazine order of 10 WT & 10 Awakes and you average between 15-20 mags "placed" per month, you're golden. Even if the congregation is having a problem, you look good on paper.

Not that I would recommend any of the above.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit