Funny how brothers "MISS YOU" so much ONLY during the memorial and C.O visit??

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

11 months and 3 weeks.....nothing. Then one week before the Memorial all the Brothers start to ring and visit with the "we miss you....loved to see you there." Same with the C.O visit. Such "christian love" is hard to find.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Be grateful they don't "miss you" the rest of the time. This year, I have finally NOT gotten an invitation to the Memorial mailed to me. (Yeah, they are too afraid of me to actually call or attempt a visit.) Of course, it's still a week away. Maybe someone wanted an easy way to start their time this past weekend and mailed the thing- even though they aren't supposed to count their time on a baptized brother. You know how that goes.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am thinking i am off the radar...

it could have been the letter to the
    editor about the PFLAG meeting,
    or the newspaper article about
    being on the panel at an anti-gay
    bullying training seminar..... or it
    could be they forgot i exist?

doesnt matter! i think they think i am evil

as long as it keeps them away from the door,
    who gives a rat's @ss!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

It is a strange religion indeed.

So much effort is put into the recruitment of new converts and the early stage of their indoctrination, but very little effort is put forth to keep the young ones and others from going out the back door. In fact, the rude & unloving actions of some pushes many out the back door.

Think About It

• hotspur
    hotspur

So glad there is a back door! You don't have to talk to any as as they come in :^)

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS always know what to say in writing (I don't have access to my CD so I will rely on my memory) but they did have a paragraph some years back saying exactly that, that if the elders spent as much time on those drifiting as those coming in, fewer would be leaving. I'll try to remember to look this up at home.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I find it very rude that we recieve an invitation in the mail ,with absolutly no personal message included . I mean come on I live in a very small town some witnesses live on my same block . It does make me feel like they are afraid to actually come to my door . So far I have been nothing but friendly and nice to the witnesses I have seen ,but I am pretty sure the gossip is that I have apostate veiws now( and you just can't be too careful .)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

A couple months ago I was in an elder's meeting, and couldnt wait for it to be over. It was going over two hours, which is one and a half hours too long. I was anticipating the COBOE to ask someone to close with prayer, when one of the brothers pulls out a list of inactive ones. He wanted to go over the list to see which ones we can make an attempt to reach out to. It had about fifteen names on it, some of whom havent stepped foot in our congregation for over thirty years. I'm younger than everybody else on that body, and a handful of the names on that list, I've never heard of. I thought to myself, I'm younger in years than the amount of years since these folks have been "spepherded."

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

been fading for 1 1/2 years. hopefully will stay of radar, if there is ever a time for a call its now. memorial time is a good radar detector.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Four years out! Not one invitation to the memorial this year. I would not even know when it was if it were not for this sight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit