Funny how brothers "MISS YOU" so much ONLY during the memorial and C.O visit??

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yeah, those are the only times I ever get pestered encouraged. It's about getting their numbers up, nothing more.

• greenie
    greenie

I've noticed that exact trend as well. Get a call or visit out of the blue and it's usually because the CO is in town or it's memorial time. When is the memorial? Next Tuesday?

• dandingus
    dandingus

Yeah, I got an invitation from grandmom the other day too. Hasn't called me or talked to me in almost a year, but I showed up at her house the other night to help my brother (who is also not a witness) move some furniture she was temporarily taking of his and don't you know it? Not 5 minutes after I walked in the door came the question "Do you know when the memorial is this year?" as well as the written invitation. Thanks gram. I haven't gone in the last 5 years. Guess she keeps hoping this will be the year?

So I told her, yeah I know when it is. She was actually surprised and said "You do? How?", not knowing where I would have come across this information. I told her "the internet", because sites like this invariably have some people talking about it (and I think someone even posted a PDF of the invitation somewhere). She just got a puzzled look and said "oh", not quite putting two and two together I think. So I left the invitation on the counter because I obviously don't need it since I already know what day it's going to be. That was the end of that conversation.

But you're absolutely right, Witness 007. Seems like those "special" events trigger a surge in pretentious, imitation interest. You might add, Circuit or District Assembly to your list of events that produce this behavior. At least it was for me last year. 3 different people who had nothing to do with one another each invited me to the District Convention. For the first time in years. Needless to say I thought that was very odd as well...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit